• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AW9D-MAX stuck at 400fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ghosty1234 said:
Thats my 24/7 rig atm. I tried to find a good overclock
without increasing much of voltage.
Specs and the rest just in the pic.
I am very satisfied with this board....4ever Abit:beer:

..or if the pic doesnt work, here the direct link:...klick!

Nice O/C...I might have figured out why I can't go any higher...cause it's a sweet O/C already...lol, jk

I really should have got the 6600 instead...lol, better multiplier, I'd be at 3.6 right now...:beer:

thideras,

I don't know how successful you've been so far past 400FSB since this post, but I'm also stuck at that speed.

I have my MCH V set to 1.6 and VCore set to 1.375 , RAM is a DDR2 800 D9GMH set to 1:1 2.1v. Pretty much the same prob, I can stress the CPU all day and I can do SuperPI w/ 19Sec 1M test and the system is fine, but when I try ORTHOS it fails about 2mins later.

I want to get to 3.0Ghz w/ this e6300.. but it's been a painful road past 400FSB lol.

Hi Towjumper
For most that Ive seen, you will need 1.70+ mch and the 13 A11 bios to have a shot at 429fsb stable. I know its not the same chip but for me to be 400fsb orthos stable 1.55 cpu, 1.65 mch.

That is unless you get a killer combo like ghosty :drool:

Deanzo,

I have the regular 1.3 and I've been trying to DL that A11 off that link that
BatBoy has been posting, but that site is DOWN STILL.

1.7 might be the solution since I only really tried 1.65 and never went any higher. System temps stay around 34C to 36C under load.. so I think I still have a lot of headroom there.

Towjumper82

For 429 @ 1:1 try this:

MCH @ 1,75
Vdimm @ 2,20
Ram.Timings @ 4,4,4,12,40 (trc)

I dont know how much Vcore u need for the E6300,....sry.

Ghosty,

I tried your settings and it failed ORTHOS with the regular 1.3 BIOS.

BatBoy then sent me a copy of A11 BIOS, I updated and it's passed ORTHOS (only 15 mins, as before it would fail in about 10-15ses) and SuperPi 32M so far :D. I also tried HL2 Stress test and no probs at all.
Thanks BatBoy for the quick email, lets see how stable this system really is w/ a marathon ORTHOS for the night. Will post an update in the morning.

3GHz.jpg

You are welcome. Really hope the new BIOS helps. As much as I love the AW9D, it really runs out of FSB with an E6300. In my opinion, it works much better with the E6600.

Deanzo said:
I know your ram is 1000mhz, But I havent seen anyone get this board to run ram at that speed even if the ram is up to it.

Hi all from XtremeC, just thought I would add to this post as it might be somthing AW9D max owners would be interested in.

I have tested 4 kits on this chipset and board, Kingston 2 gig 1000mhz with 5,5,5,15, Crucial 2 gig 1000mhz with 5,5,5,15, Corsair Dominators 2 gig 1066mhz with 5,5,5,15 and Super Talent 2 gig 1000mhz with 4,5,4,12.

Basically the Supertalent ran at 1002 at them timings with 2.1 volts, the only kit to go past 1000, this was followed up by the dominators that hit 980 at 4,3,4,10 timings with 2.3 volts. then the Crucial at 960 at 4,3,4,10 with 2.3, and the kingston hit 980 but only at 5,5,5,15 timings.

To achieve the memory speeds with the super talent i took a stock 6600 set voltage to 3.25, set the strap to 1066 the MCH to 1.8 and set the ram to 2.1 and 800mhz. then just raised the FSB to 346 or there abouts (sorry at work cant check right now) this booted straight away with no problem and is Othros stable after 48 hours.

Sorry to butt into your thread, i was going to post this on Abit forums but it was down hope this helps you out a bit :)

wow thanks for posting Richi1, after I couldnt for the life of me hit 1000mhz I scoured the net and couldnt find any one that had.

Do you have a thread on another forum with your full results you could link me to, as I like to read up on any thing to do with this board.

I cant publish all the the details yet as the testing of the corsair and supertalent will be used in a review elsewere.

but attached is a screenie of the super talent CPUid screens

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 82
Hey folks,

You all must have some great cooling going on. My rig OC's pretty well until I start raising voltages. Very quickly is the stock hsf overwelmed. Seems like the north bridge gets pretty hot too. I've been keeping it at 320 FSB and maintaining 38C-39C temps 24/7 for the time being.

Batboy?

Can u send me the 1.3 A11 via email? Would be very nice.
Then, what kind of strap should i set in bios for 400*9@1:1?
1066, or 1333 with this 1.3A11?

My email: [email protected]

thx and best regards:)

BIOS sent.

I would just use the 1066 strap if you are running 400 FSB. I didn't have to use the 1333 strap until I got above about 430-435 FSB. But, play around with various settings and options. Your mileage may vary.

Richie13 said:
Hey folks,

You all must have some great cooling going on. My rig OC's pretty well until I start raising voltages. Very quickly is the stock hsf overwelmed. Seems like the north bridge gets pretty hot too. I've been keeping it at 320 FSB and maintaining 38C-39C temps 24/7 for the time being.

I'm using an Ultra 120 w/ 120MM Panaflo 114CFM fan. Keeps my temps at bay and well below 50C under full load.

Speaking of Temps, how accurate is uGuru compared to say... Core Temp?

Yet another question: Would over-volting cause system instabilities just as much as not having enough voltage to MCH?

Yes, if you overvolt the MCH, you can create stability problems.

We have probably hijacked poor Richi1's thread enough for now.

batboy said:
We have probably hijacked poor Richi1's thread enough for now.

:) Its been hijacked sooo much that batboy doesnt even know whos thread it is any more :)

Thideras, sorry this post really doesnt help matters but I just couldnt help myself

Back