• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

B3 on newegg!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ugh, I want to upgrade these fx-72's in my L1N64. . .octo core is the only thing that can satisfy me temporarily :) Anyone know the roadmap for 1207 (Socket F)? They could either release it as a FX processor for that socket or Opteron.

Barcs are already being shipped, the rest depends on Asus whether they include all the settings youneed to finetune these procs.
There are some threads dedicated to the mobo for example on XS check out those how the bios works and what multi you need and do not forget to post the results.
As I recall the roadmaps you would have to wait a bit for the FX so go for the Opterons instead.

Well so far the Barcs are Socket F (1207) while as we all know the Phenoms are AM2+ (940).

Also the Phenoms have an HTT of 3600/4000 while the Barcs have an HTT of 1000.

As to any real differences other then that, I have no idea.
GH is the new GD is the old. Im sorry I confused that, Yahira. See link.

Cheers! :beer:

R7

Cool, now it's a wait and see. I was planning to get a 16 core rig which means the 8 way barcs may show up later, or possibly see K10.5s in octo-core.

GH is the new GD is the old. Im sorry I confused that, Yahira. See link.

Cheers! :beer:

R7

I know that, all of the ones on the Egg are GH (B3).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=50001028&Description=Barcelona&name=AMD

I was pointing out the differences between them and the Phenom, while I don't know of any differences that there may be in the way that it is built other then socket and HTT so those are all I listed (I just don't run any socket F boards to get deeper into the differences).

Sorry but I am a bit confused as to why people seem to be correcting me on a mistake that I did not make that I know of.

Anyway, I think that AC is right about AMD waiting or 45nm for new optis. It almost seems as if it would be a waste of time for them to make them now considering the rough patch that they have been going through. I am no expert but it sort of seems like a better idea to take what they have and run with it (maybe make a few tweaks and such) until they finish the conversion and start producing 45nm chips.

I just seem to get the idea that things will be rather interesting for AMD for the rest of this year. In all honesty I sort of hope that they are forgetting about 65nm all together now (as far as any designing and working the problems out of chips, we have B3 and that should keep us going until 45nm) and are putting their resources on making the 45nm chips all that they can be.

Then again I am also expecting some price cuts to happen within the next month considering what the "other guys" are doing with prices. I wonder how that will effect the next however many months until AMD can come out with something new.

Maybe I need to go back to sleep, this cold is kicking my rear and the medicine isn't much better so what I am typing may not even be making sense.

Good day.

Back