• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Back after long time away

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

Hey every1. Just got seti boinc going the other day (and optimized) after a long hiatus. I was in the top 100 of the classic seti if i remember right. I quit after it went to boinc and decided to give it a try. it had been so long I had to remember my user name and PW for these forums since my email had changed and luckily i did and updated everything.

Now I am crunching seti again with the comps listed in my sig. The AMD dual core is my new toy :D and crunches like crazy! Gotta love the DC's.

Anyway look forward to chatting, helping, and crunching once again!

Eroc

Welcome back, Eroc!:welcome:

What kind of RAC can you get out of your Brisbane? I'm curious to see how it compares to a Conroe or Allendale on crunching.

Right now it is at 76.22 but I haven't really crunched a full day yet i dont think. I also havent totally optimized everything, such as, shutting off unnecessary services or running the windows kernel in RAM.

No problem, Eroc. It will be interesting to see what she ramps up to over the next month or so. I have an Opty 165@2700 that's still ramping back up from the big server crash S@H had last month to compare your Brisbane to.

Thanks for the re-welcome. Feels good to be back in the game :D

Had to lower my HTT and Memory a small bit. Had a memory dump :(

Still kickin it over 3Ghz tho! my RAC is already moving up quick! Ready to pump em out!

Yeah its not a bad OC had to update my sig to reflect a lowering of HTT and RAM speeds. Still, I am happy with it. Sure Intels might be slightly to moderately faster, but AMD is the best bang for the $. I got that proc for $69 with stock HSF (I try to get retail for the HSF as a backup) but threw on the Zalman in my sig for some decent cooling. Runs hotter than my old T-bred @ around 58C full load but i guess thats because of the dual cores.:shrug: Rock solid though!

Back