• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Company 2 - Retail Release - Smiley Grenade Edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lordkosc

47battlefieldbadcompany2j

Ok no more posting in the beta thread!!!!!

Lets focus on the OMGBBQWINZ and NERF / OP / This SuxxoRz of the retail release in this thread. :)

A copy/paste of what I posted in the beta thread regarding the single player:

I managed to get my hands on a copy a couple days before release and played through the single player (on PC) on Saturday and Sunday. The campaign was excellent, vehicle combat was fun and spread out pretty well. The enemies weren't super dumb, and the weapons all felt about right. If the damage/hit correction in the single player is in multiplayer then our complaints about that are taken care of.

The game lasted about 10 hours (felt about right) on normal, where I searched a bit for MCom stations to blow up and the unlockable weapons as you go through as well. My setup for most of the game was a 3-shot burst assault rifle + semi-auto sniper rifle in the other slot. It worked out perfectly well for all sitauations. I can't wait for the official release on Tuesday.

Although I'm a little saddened that there will be a Day1 DLC Map pack...

Performance-wise I didn't notice any stuttering at all playing with DX10 on medium/high settings across the board at 1920x1200 with my system in my sig.

I believe its FREE. There is a VIP code in the game box, I also recall them saying the 2nd DLC map pack would be FREE also.

Heh I'm trying to do most, if not all of my school related work today and tomorrow because I have a feeling it won't get done otherwise. Although I didn't have the chance to try out the beta, I've got really high hopes for this puppy.

I believe its FREE. There is a VIP code in the game box, I also recall them saying the 2nd DLC map pack would be FREE also.
I hope so, that will make me a lot happier when downloading it :DD

A copy/paste of what I posted in the beta thread regarding the single player:

I managed to get my hands on a copy a couple days before release and played through the single player (on PC) on Saturday and Sunday. The campaign was excellent, vehicle combat was fun and spread out pretty well. The enemies weren't super dumb, and the weapons all felt about right. If the damage/hit correction in the single player is in multiplayer then our complaints about that are taken care of.

The game lasted about 10 hours (felt about right) on normal, where I searched a bit for MCom stations to blow up and the unlockable weapons as you go through as well. My setup for most of the game was a 3-shot burst assault rifle + semi-auto sniper rifle in the other slot. It worked out perfectly well for all sitauations. I can't wait for the official release on Tuesday.

Performance-wise I didn't notice any stuttering at all playing with DX10 on medium/high settings across the board at 1920x1200 with my system in my sig.

You already beat the game? How did u get it so early?

You already beat the game? How did u get it so early?

It's probably sitting in my mailbox at home (I'm at work). I've got Amazon Prime and ordered with Release Day Shipping.

Sometimes in their zeal to get the game to you on release day they get it to you the day BEFORE. (I'm in Chicago and the delivery center is in Northwest Indiana... I could actually drive there in half an hour and pick it up if they allowed that.)

Other than that... there's always target.

Anyone who has the game preloaded and installed from EA store know what time it will be activated? I'm hoping the game will be ready to play at 12:01 EST. Has there been any word on this?

Hmm...Just started up the game and it appears to be decrypting all installed files. Hopefully it'll work in a couple minutes when its done. I'll post me results :)

-edit-

Guess I still need my CDkey from EA to play multiplayer but the single player works.

Last edited:
Before I bite, does anybody know how this runs on a system like mine at 1680x1050 medium/high settings? If it runs well I will certainly be getting this next week :)

One of my clan members has a similar system to yours, he has a 940be instead of the 8400 though. It seemed to run fine during the beta. You should be fine with at least medium-high settings. Single player seems pretty cool so far too.

I traded in a bunch of games and didn't know what to buy so the guy behind the counter talked me into pre-ordering this one... He said come back at midnight (tonight) because we are doing an early release.

Usually I couldn't care less about a game coming out early, but there is a bar right next door so... it's an excuse to go out and hit on women and if I don't come back with anything, at least I come back with the game! haha Win-Win

Saw some of the Hour One on GT earlier. Single player looks pretty easy but there's some interesting things.

But AI mobs in SP have much lower health than players so it might look like damage is 'fixed', as for the hit detection in MP it could be a problem with the net code (which doesn't apply in SP) so it's hard to tell if those issues got fixed. Should not be much of a problem if there's enough hardcore servers.

Well I played about an hour of multiplayer today. Too bad my WOW! internet has sucked lately causing hiccups and disconnects from WoW and now BC2. That being said, the gameplay is a bit better, although I still found it took quite a few bullets to kill people (especially at a distance), definitely more than what you would need in MW2 with an assault rifle/etc. The gameplay types are fun, definitely get in there soon so you can learn the maps while everyone else is. There are probably >100f servers available now, although probably 30 are actually being used. The new maps are pretty good.

^ You are already in MP?
Not fair!
13 hours left until steam unlock...I'm off to bed early so time can pass quicker :D

Back