• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Thermal Paste or Heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

superdoyle

About 2 weeks ago i picked up some Antec Formula 7 Nano Diamond cause i seen some great reviews on it. However my temps now are worse then when i use using some generic manhattan thermal paste. Today i ran prime95 for around 20 minutes, When i got back to my computer the temps was reading 52C 100% load with stock settings. Idle temps is 31C. It use to hover around 26C idle With the generic manhattan thermal paste, It never broke 43C full load before so i cant imagine what would be wrong.

is the heatsink mounted in the same orientation that it was prior to changing thermal paste?

is the heatsink mounted in the same orientation that it was prior to changing thermal paste?
Same exact way. The Fan is in a pull push fashion. Pull from front push to back towards exhaust fan.

Back