• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BAT file help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-Ice

I've just been made aware of how a .bat file can make my simming startups much easier. Usually, I start a whole load of programs in order gain maximum immersion for combat flight simulation. I have two programs for cockpit display extraction and cockpit switch interaction, one program for head tracking, one program for voice command software, one program for voice comms with human players, etc. I used to start each one individually but someone helped me make a .bat file and I can start them all with one click!

Someone hinted that it was also possible to use a .bat file to switch between different monitor setups. Is this true?

I have 5 screens arranged as [1 2 3] [4] [5]
[1 2 3] - three screens set as Surround with bezel-corrected resolution of 5896x1080
[4] - 1st touchscreen
[5] - 2nd touchscreen
This is my simming setup.

I would like to have an everday use setup arranged as [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]
meaning each screen is it's own individual screen

Is it possible to make a .bat file for something like this? Any help appreciated!

This utility may help you: Display Changer :

«Display Changer changes the display resolution, runs a program, then restores the original settings. It can also change the resolution permanently and rearrange the monitors in a multiple-monitor setup»

Works in GUI or command line and it's free for personnal use...

Back