• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

batch file runs differently if i run it through scheduler vs if i double click..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackjackel

I have a batch file to start a certain program, here's what's in the batch file:
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\qBittorrent\programname.exe"

If i double click on it, the program runs.
If i run it as a scheduled task, and i set the scheduled task to open that batch file, the program will run but i won't be able to see it, it will be running in the background and i can't alt tab to it or open it up and look at it. What's going on?

One thing i forgot to mention, the script USED TO work, but stopped working all of a sudden.

I read up on it, apparently it should have NEVER worked in windows 8 and windows 10, apparently anything you run there even under a batch file (getting a batch file to run it) will run as a SERVICE and not program and therefore you will not be able to interact with it...

Why it ever worked I have no idea.

The solution is to move the script file from being launched via task manager to your windows startup folder Start > All programs > startup (the folder) and put the script in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back