• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some of you guys know what the hell you are talking about; here is a developper who is asking the gamer's opinions on weapon tweaks. He says he wants to improve weapons that do not get as much use, and make some attachements more appealing.

Link ->
If interested.

I use the bipod often and believe it needs a slight buff to make support more threatening. My main issue with it is how it's deployed. Since I hold down the RMB to deploy it, it often comes undone on it's own or cancels halfway through deployment for no reason. It is also useless on cars or waist high obstacles, since deploying the bipod makes it seem like you're sitting flat on the ground and your field of view is practically obstructed by the obstacle.

I have never used the flash suppressor or silencer ever.

I drop a med kit as soon as i spawn now.... every time, and right before reloads as well.... no reason not too... its odd going fomr a killcentric game that is COD (which i still enojy) to something where standing behind a tank and repairing is just as important. or dropping med kits, reviving people, etc.

I think that most of the guns are good, if you use them for what the intended purpose is. Using a PDW for long range is not what it is for. Adjust your play style to the type of weapon instead of the other way around. Or pick a weapon that fits your play style.

I use the suppressor a lot, but never use the flash hider. I hate that it makes you lose accuracy. There is no point to using it since, you are less likely to hit at long ranges, which makes it as affective at long range as the suppressor with its reduced damage. So you get the same performance as the suppressor without the noise reduction.

I drop a med kit as soon as i spawn now.... every time, and right before reloads as well.... no reason not too... its odd going fomr a killcentric game that is COD (which i still enojy) to something where standing behind a tank and repairing is just as important. or dropping med kits, reviving people, etc.

:D YAY I got revived!!

:bang head BOOO I got shot immediately after... *please don't revive again* :rain:

I am one of those guys who uses the grenade launcher instead of the med pack. But I only use it for smoke grenades in rush while on offense. Its incredibly handy for getting into a good spot. In conquest though I will throw down med packs, as I am usually just defending a position. Fastest way to get points is to resupply and revive your squadmates!

One thing that really bugs me is a squad leader that doesn't order the squad to attack/defend objectives. If a squad leader isn't doing that, I leave it usually.

I wouldnt bother dropping a med kit in your uncap... everyone spawning there is full health.

Thats what I was thinking until I saw "every time"... Just wanted to make sure he wasnt wasting a drop (well, waste...heh... nobody will use it unless you have people pounding on the uncap).

:D YAY I got revived!!

:bang head BOOO I got shot immediately after... *please don't revive again* :rain:

I don't see a reason not to revive if you don't want to accept the revive just hold down shift (I think is the button). Although I don't believe you lose anything by continuously dying and being revived other than the guy killing you getting kill credit (but your death numbers aren't incrementing)

Also, with regard to the flash suppressor I thought I read here that the damage/aim reductions were never fully implemented.

I don't see a reason not to revive if you don't want to accept the revive just hold down shift (I think is the button). Although I don't believe you lose anything by continuously dying and being revived other than the guy killing you getting kill credit (but your death numbers aren't incrementing)

Also, with regard to the flash suppressor I thought I read here that the damage/aim reductions were never fully implemented.

I agree, the death does not count until you after you are past the point of being able to be revived.

For the flash hider, I am just going off of the description.

My idea of a squad spawn fix.

You can not spawn on a squad member if:

1. They have been suppressed / shot at / taken non-falling damage in the past 10 seconds.

2. There is an enemy within 15 meters of them.

Not that DICE would listen if I suggested it, but I am just wondering if this is a decent idea in anyone's opinion other than mine.

1. They have been suppressed / shot at / taken non-falling damage in the past 10 seconds.

Not that DICE would listen if I suggested it, but I am just wondering if this is a decent idea in anyone's opinion other than mine.

Those sound like excellent points!

The ONLY issue I could see with them would be in scenario where in a Rush game, both teams can get in close quarters near an MCOM and while trying defuse, if there is an enemy nearby you will not be able to, and in turn if your squadmate dies, you would never have had the chance to get in there and defuse it yourself OR cover him while he is...

Bad run-on sentence I know :(

I'd rather be able to spawn on my squadmate. I've spawned on one numerous times and been able to save their life, or at least get a handful of kills and then revive him as they didn't expect to see a body appear there.

I was just trying to be funny.. Because it happens pretty often that I get revived, get shot, and then hope I don't get revived twice so I can just move on to the spawn screen :chair:

+1... For the few times I spawn and get instakilled, its worth the deaths and such to spawn like this.

Last edited:

Would never happen. The closet thing EA/Dice have done was a short time spawn protection that only lasted a few seconds. In short you can't be killed for a few seconds when you spawn. They did this for BC2.

The other option is play hardcore. You can only spawn on your squad leader.

The last comes down to the players. You need to communicate. This is a simple thing that does wonders.:p

Thats what I was thinking until I saw "every time"... Just wanted to make sure he wasnt wasting a drop (well, waste...heh... nobody will use it unless you have people pounding on the uncap).

But even if i drop one i can always just drop another and the first disappears right? So whats the harm in leaving one behind until i need it?

P.S. what is uncap?

An 'uncap' is your uncappable spawn point. Since its an uncappable spawn area, anyone spawning there will be 100% health. If you spawn on a flag/team member, do it. Uncap, save yourself 1 second as NOBODY can use it unless you are being spawn raped.

So i saw this on another forum, im assuming it has been posted here before... but if it HASENT all of you have to see this:

Basically the most realistic BF3 sim ever form a british TV show

Back