• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Fly around in an empty server to get the hang of it.

Helps a ton when you get into an actual sever.

After 3 months of not being able to play the game, I finally ended my binge today. And it felt so good. I forgot how great this game looked and played.

lol yeah wut?

Edit: apparently there was a kickstarter for a game called Bionite:Origins which is supposedly the spiritual successor to Battlezone 2??

Ok thanks... now, help me(us?) out with the relevence of that post in this thread? Man am I tired......LOL!

I posted this is the battlefield updates thread but I'm gonna repost it here since people found it useful in the other thread.

I used to use my PS2 controller for jets but then I watched one of levelcapgaming's videos on his kb/mouse controls for jets and it just made so much more sense then a joystick.

These are the controls I use for jets now:

Keyboard:
W: Pitch down
S: Pitch up
A: Roll left
D: Roll right
Space: Throttle up
Alt: Brake
Shift: After burner

Mouse:
Up/Down is pitch up/down
Side to side is yaw/strafe

I use the keyboard controls for flying around and lining up shots and then once I get behind someone I just use my mouse to aim normally as if I was playing infantry. Using the mouse to aim like this allows for much more precise aiming. Once you get used to the controls it's just a matter of learning how to set up shots and how much to lead them.

I really believe this is a much more competitive setup for jets than any controller except maybe a combat flight simulator joystick or something. One thing I forgot to mention in the other thread is finding the right sensitivity for your mouse. Too low and they'll out run your mouse when you're trying to aim. Too high and you'll end up firing all around their jet. You just have to experiment until you find a setting that allows you precise aiming but still sensitive enough that you can stay on them with a little help from the keyboard pitch buttons.

I'd also like the point out that I'm not a jet pro or anything but since switching to these controls I've become a much better pilot.

WaRnInG!!!!! rant alert rant alert

i havnt played in weeks due to a long long long and exhausting exercise and diet plan i designed for my self so i dont ever feel hungry or over fed, and gives the most energy with the least calories, AKA eat only food that at one time in the time line has been or is still alive(dormant) long distance running 5-10 miles 2-3 per day 4 times a week. moderate weight lifting with high reps and medium weight.

all in all lost 45 LBS, so instead of being the stocky kinda fat weight lifting marine that fixes computers (crimson chin using comp)im the short toned bronzed(except the parts that get no sun like my chest/back and most of my legs, stupid uniform hides 99% of my skin.

anyways i think i deserve a couple afternoons/morning to contribute to playing some good ol' FPS war Sim perfection

who wants to see if i can get 2000+ points in a jet with out losing my super stealth rocket pod jet

Congrats on dropping the pounds man.. WTG Farmers tan weight loss FTW!

See you on the battlefield! I will be on tonight.

That is hardly a 'rant' as I would call it. More of a excellent progress marker! Very nice!

I wish to have an alternative rant.

I am experiencing the "EA Disconnected" error messages again :(

Nothing worse than getting down to less than 100 tickets in a game and I am about to get an MVP tag and then get disconnected :(

may be blunt or rude but

drop the fisherprice router and stone age modem and get some good internet

that is if you are in an area that supports this gens technology

may be blunt or rude but

drop the fisherprice router and stone age modem and get some good internet

that is if you are in an area that supports this gens technology

Its a common problem that EA disconnects for tons of people.

Back