• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah being that I am a COD4 junkie, this will be interesting.. Are there Rush games on the new maps?

Noooooo tokae! This made me die a little inside. If you want a fast paced compact action shooter play tf2 or CS:S!

* grumps in a corer *

Hehe :p

Noooooo tokae! This made me die a little inside. If you want a fast paced compact action shooter play tf2 or CS:S!

* grumps in a corer *

Hehe :p

Lol,

I don't want a hyper fast mindless shoot em up, (Conquest Domination is basically that though), but having something like a Rush mode, or as I mentioned a type of Search and Destroy, would make the teams play AS TEAMS coordinating on completing an objective. Ah well, I still had fun playing last night! A refreshing change! :)

Niiiice.. I dont mind Conquest Domination! Gun Master is good also..BMW and I played on some matches tonight :) Good times. I have 8 out of 10 guns unlocked now. I really want the MTAR and the MP5K
Ya, good games.

The aug will need to be nerfed a bit. It's like a lazzzerrrr blaster :p

I need 2 more AR kills then I unlock it. Then I might not want it nerfed :rofl:

The M417 you can unlock is also awesome. I have been using the M98 with iron sights for a while now, and this new gun is just like it, but semi-auto...

The maps are a refreshing change, but I have to say, they're a bit too COD'ish for me. I like to at least be able to work as a team. With random spawns, what's the point of even having objs?

Yes I do agree that the spawns are a little weird! You shouldn't be able to just spawn into the middle of a firefight (unless you spawn on a beacon or your squadmates). You should have to work 'get to' an objective..

The M417 you can unlock is also awesome. I have been using the M98 with iron sights for a while now, and this new gun is just like it, but semi-auto...

I like it. Manageable recoil but more stopping power than the other semi auto snipers. Just not super useful on these tiny maps.

I like it. Manageable recoil but more stopping power than the other semi auto snipers. Just not super useful on these tiny maps.

Using the just the iron sights I was getting by pretty well with it last night on the new maps...

:salute:

played my first rounds last night. as i have said before i really love all the new guns! unfortunately cq isnt my play style so i am not the biggest fan. i did have some fun playing gun master though reminded me of playing counterstrike again hah. conquest domination was kinda meh to me. as you have all said quick change of pace from vanilla so its kinda nice for something new but i cant see me playing much of it on a regular basis.

I did find you don't have to play conquest domination fast I slowed down a few times and got a lot of kills by holding ground and pick off the people not paying enough attention to see me. just moving slowly and sprinting between cover seems to work for me.

TDM on the new maps is better than conquest domination. Without the objectives it prevents people from just running around and gives the game a more a BF3 feel again :D

Personally I am most excited about Artillery finally making its way back! I so hope its a free fire system with a guidance system like in BF1942

Same here... I loved the teamwork aspect and would love to see a version like this back in the game... maybe diffrent rounds, one guided for moving targets and one that you do the old way but has more of an area effect?

that would make since... even if the rounds that locked did less damage but just had tracking ability. I just don't want them to nerf the Arty like they nerfed the Mortors... they are so bad now you cant even kill someone with a direct hit.

that would make since... even if the rounds that locked did less damage but just had tracking ability. I just don't want them to nerf the Arty like they nerfed the Mortors... they are so bad now you cant even kill someone with a direct hit.

Yeah the mortars are pretty bad! I'd be happy with even BF2 level arty damage. It was pretty deadly in battlefield 2, although not accurate as you called it in for a broad range.

On the topic of battlefield 2, I'd still give some nice $$ if they brought commander mode back!

Anyone else not able to log into Battlelog? I logged in fine this afternoon to show a co-worker the premium stuff now I get home and it is telling me wrong password...

Back