• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No but I haven't logged off all day either.

@Shellnut: YES! I would love commander and bigger squads! I would be so happy if they made squads bigger for this expansion. The thing is though that since the arty in this game is man controlled and we don't now how many each team will have it may only be 1 it could be 2 so depending on that I think will affect there decision on the size and damage of the blast I think for troops it should be deadly like it was in BF2 you were lucky if you could escape it! and for vehicles I think that it should take 2 shots to disable I think that would be fair though It would make sense in reality to make it 1 to disable but that would seem over powered im sure.

Anyone else not able to log into Battlelog? I logged in fine this afternoon to show a co-worker the premium stuff now I get home and it is telling me wrong password...

^^ YES. Pissing me off as I was planning to play tonight :(

I was able to log in just fine last night.

I just tried loading up in IE9 and it worked, for some reason it isn't working on my main browser (chrome)

edit: just did a ctrl+f5 to do a clear-cache reload and it took my password

:sn:

I just tried loading up in IE9 and it worked, for some reason it isn't working on my main browser (chrome)

edit: just did a ctrl+f5 to do a clear-cache reload and it took my password

:sn:

I'm having this problem now... gonna try ctrl+f5 and see if it works for me...

Edit - Didn't work for me in chrome, ie9 or firefox...

Did some searching, saw a bunch of posts on the bf3 forums with other people having the same problem... I was freakin out thinking my acct was hacked :/

This is quite the funny coincidence, local university's internet was down for hours today along with the regional fiber network (grucom), as was all of Verizon's service in the region. Sprint had a few intermittent problems and Xbox live was having account issues today. At the conclusion of one of my colleagues the US must be under a cyber attack!

I already don't like Close Quarters. Joined one game and it was an absolute shotgun-fest. I couldn't do jack with an AR, I started off like 2-10, ended up going like 10-15 and I only started owning people when I switched to using a shotgun like all the other baddies. I'll be going back to my Conquest/Rush.

You wouldnt leave regular tires on a car racing in mud would ya....naa, you grab the mudders! Use the best tool for the job.

You wouldnt leave regular tires on a car racing in mud would ya....naa, you grab the mudders! Use the best tool for the job.

Just the fact I stand no chance with an AR is what bothers me. I don't like using shotguns and I don't like them being used on me lol. The former I can control, the latter I can't but instead go somewhere where it'll be used less, in this case Conquest. Where someone with a shotgun usually won't stand a chance against my AR. Maybe if I search I'll find CQ servers that ban shotguns? Should have thought of that before lol

I find AR's to still be very useful. there are a lot of spaces on the maps that are just to far to even get hit markers with a shotty. (except with slug)

When life gives you shot guns, use rockets! Was always my reaction. Or in a pinch a grenade launcher. ;)

I missed my BF3 fix last night because of the outage. :( I did find that there is an EA BF3 server status page: www.ea.com/servers/battlefield3

I played with the Aug a decent amount last night, that gun is great, even with just the iron sights.

Just the fact I stand no chance with an AR is what bothers me. I don't like using shotguns and I don't like them being used on me lol. The former I can control, the latter I can't but instead go somewhere where it'll be used less, in this case Conquest. Where someone with a shotgun usually won't stand a chance against my AR. Maybe if I search I'll find CQ servers that ban shotguns? Should have thought of that before lol

Are you trying to use an AR with some sort of magnification scope? I haven't encountered a problem yet when using them in a CQ-Dom battle on the new maps..

You stand a chance if you had more room to shoot it...like in the large open areas. Shotty up close = WIN. Cant win a battle with a shotgun when its one shot one kill up close vs AR.

When in Rome...:thup:

Back