• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya I want to buy the game and an xbox 360 controller so I can play. Thats why I want the cheapest price, I dont like the feel of the keyboard and mouse playing shooting games on pc.

Ya I want to buy the game and an xbox 360 controller so I can play. Thats why I want the cheapest price, I dont like the feel of the keyboard and mouse playing shooting games on pc.

Amen! mouse and keyboard just feel weird. Although it does make driving a tank easier :)

Honestly, just learn/teach yourself to play with a mouse/keyboard. you are at a large disadvantage against those that do if you play with a controller. I only use a controller for flying.

Honestly, just learn/teach yourself to play with a mouse/keyboard. you are at a large disadvantage against those that do if you play with a controller. I only use a controller for flying.

How is this true? Can you explain. It is easier to use a controller I just adjust sensitvity for aiming a turning. To me it would seem the better choice for a contoller setup

Because a mouse pointer is more accurate than needing to adjust a joystick which is far more imprecise. The reason that controllers do OK on consoles is because a) everyone else has them and b) the majority of the games have an auto-aim/lock-on compensator built into them.

You won't be able to turn as accurately and aim as quickly as a person with a mouse.

There are more options than that (I personally love my G500) and will hopefully be able to do a review or two on some Razer mice for this site.

For an example:

It isn't a perfect idea, but while watching you can see the difference in aiming times.

Green man gaming has a 20% off sale going on right now on all games, so that might interest you.

As far as battlefield 4 is concerned it's way to early. There is still a large population left with BF3 and if you look at the time span of DLC we have 1-2 that won't be released until 2013. I thought dice learned with BF2142. Sure it was good but they probably woulda gotten more players with a full BF2 expansion.

I hope it's not Battlefield 4 and it's more of a bad company style game.

Nice video thanks and I thought I was nice with the controller being playing since original xbox like that guess i have to learn keyboard and mouse ways now.

If you break it down to it's most basic form, a FPS game is really just about pointing a clicking. The crosshair acts as a static cursor that you point at something and click a button to send bullets at it. There's a reason (and not just technical) that there's not many crossplatform games that support crossplay. Even an average PC player would simply destroy even the best console players (Source).

If you're patient you can get a really good deal on BF3. Back in March I got Battlefield 3, Back 2 Karkand and a handful of dogtag/skin packs for $37. Though I don't know if we'll see deals like that again since EA is pushing Premium so hard these days.

If you break it down to it's most basic form, a FPS game is really just about pointing a clicking. The crosshair acts as a static cursor that you point at something and click a button to send bullets at it. There's a reason (and not just technical) that there's not many crossplatform games that support crossplay. Even an average PC player would simply destroy even the best console players (Source).

If you're patient you can get a really good deal on BF3. Back in March I got Battlefield 3, Back 2 Karkand and a handful of dogtag/skin packs for $37. Though I don't know if we'll see deals like that again since EA is pushing Premium so hard these days.

"According to Sood, Microsoft expected the Xbox players to cream PC gamers, " OMG OMG OMG ......HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Any idiot with half a brain could have told them otherwise. What kind of pillocks are Microsoft employing?

Am i correct in thinking they even tried this with CS on the original xbox? PC gamers obliterated console gamers and they had to shut it off after a week? There is simply no question about it, FPS's shooters will always be better and easier with a mouse and keyboard.

BF3 is probably the last multiplayer game I'll play. Maybe Counter Strike Global Offensive, but I'm not sure. Only games I see myself playing after this is my library of single player games.

Funny. I wont touch single player anything (outside of racing games). I ONLY play MP FPS more or less (at least over the past several years since I had my children).

Funny. I wont touch single player anything (outside of racing games). I ONLY play MP FPS more or less (at least over the past several years since I had my children).

Same! I haven't touched the SP side of any of my FPS's since COD4 came out. Actually scratch that, I have played Amnesia (which doesn't have MP)...

I play both modes on most games. I wont be able to play BF3 until I get payed next week. I need money for the weekend. I just installed my Sapphire 7770 vapor-x and dont really have anything to test it out with except LOL, GTAIV and DOTA2. I will be getting a new mouse and keyboard for BF3 next week also.

Looks pretty good. Also looks like I will have to practice flying some more if I want to be competitive at all :|

Back