• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yeah well its only half what BF2 was so its understandable to be half into the forums ;).

But seriously I'm so excited for armored kill! I'm trying to find a way to boost donations to my server so I can upgrade it to 64 player when the time comes!

yeah well its only half what BF2 was so its understandable to be half into the forums ;).

But seriously I'm so excited for armored kill! I'm trying to find a way to boost donations to my server so I can upgrade it to 64 player when the time comes!

How much would that cost? I might be willing to make a donation :bday:

Yeah Ive been sticking to the 32 slot server for the price while I try and drum up donations currently I consistently get $20 a month which is great! but between the procon layer website and server it gets spendy.

any ways if your are interested just PM me.

Battlefield 3 Hackers/ Cheaters

I think I can confirm EA and Server Admins care nothing about exploits....There are exceptions of course, but EA cares nothing about immersion and fair play....:bang head:

{Originally Posted @ Gurus3D}

BattleField 3 is my game of choice right now, but the increasing number of Hackers & Cheaters is ruining the game.

help.ea.com is basically turning a blind eye to these exploits thereby allowing the game to start a downward spiral....

Or, maybe, if you play BF3, you enjoy being insta-killed 10+ times in a row by the same enemy, who is doing the same thing to everyone spawning at any node your team holds?

I don't.

Now, I get irritated at non-hacking bad boys {you know the ones, a support player that puts one (1) C4 packet on a jet, waits for team mate to take off and BOOM, jet crashes and Team Mate killed..."Bad Luck" is the Coroner's Report...and no TK registers with Support Bad Boy...You get the idea.

But, I get mad when an enemy has his friend occupy our AA at base {randomly firing to the sky...}, while he rapes our base with Assault Helicopter. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die, etc. etc. Fun! Huh?

I also get mad when an enemy player {Russian speaker} figures out how to send a laser from the Moon to insta-kill our entire team upon spawn @ any node...

I posted complaints to EA but they do nothing. Cheaters profiles still active...

This latest Recon Hacker (L96 insta-kills) has been reported also, with video this time {unlike AA/Heli Cheat}.

I guess I'll see what happens...

If nothing is done, just a matter of time before BF3 leaves the Ol' HDD out of disgust. Hell, COD is better than this.

P.S. the Recon Hacker's User name is:

Gornostau
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Gornostau/

{End of Original Post on Guru3D}

While your at it, look up

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/SkillRaz3r/

This is the Assault Heli pilot I mentioned above, notice anything "funny" about his BattleFeed Events?

My impression is that there are "Legal" cheats/exploits/annoyances and "Illegal" Hacks. {Legal & Illegal terms are strong I realize, it's only a game right? That I spent $80+ USD on...BF3/Back To Kark/Premium} These illegal hacks are becoming more prevalent, especially on servers where the Russian punks play.

Thats my Rant and I'm sticking with it lol.
:mad:

Maybe it's just a Russian thing. I really haven't come across very many blatant hackers. I've definitely come across a number of suspicious players and it's easy to get pissed and scream "Hacker!" but the reality is some people are just really good. Back in the day when I was ridiculously good at Counter-Strike I got kicked from servers and called a hacker constantly so I know what it's like to just be way above average at a game.

The best solution is to find a few servers that have active admin and only play on those. People that are completely obvious, very suspicious or just acting a fool don't usually last long on actively admined servers.

I think I can confirm EA and Server Admins care nothing about exploits....There are exceptions of course, but EA cares nothing about immersion and fair play....:bang head:

{Originally Posted @ Gurus3D}

BattleField 3 is my game of choice right now, but the increasing number of Hackers & Cheaters is ruining the game.

help.ea.com is basically turning a blind eye to these exploits thereby allowing the game to start a downward spiral....

Or, maybe, if you play BF3, you enjoy being insta-killed 10+ times in a row by the same enemy, who is doing the same thing to everyone spawning at any node your team holds?

I don't.

Now, I get irritated at non-hacking bad boys {you know the ones, a support player that puts one (1) C4 packet on a jet, waits for team mate to take off and BOOM, jet crashes and Team Mate killed..."Bad Luck" is the Coroner's Report...and no TK registers with Support Bad Boy...You get the idea.

But, I get mad when an enemy has his friend occupy our AA at base {randomly firing to the sky...}, while he rapes our base with Assault Helicopter. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die. Spawn. Die, etc. etc. Fun! Huh?

I also get mad when an enemy player {Russian speaker} figures out how to send a laser from the Moon to insta-kill our entire team upon spawn @ any node...

I posted complaints to EA but they do nothing. Cheaters profiles still active...

This latest Recon Hacker (L96 insta-kills) has been reported also, with video this time {unlike AA/Heli Cheat}.

I guess I'll see what happens...

If nothing is done, just a matter of time before BF3 leaves the Ol' HDD out of disgust. Hell, COD is better than this.

P.S. the Recon Hacker's User name is:

Gornostau
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Gornostau/

{End of Original Post on Guru3D}

While your at it, look up

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/SkillRaz3r/

This is the Assault Heli pilot I mentioned above, notice anything "funny" about his BattleFeed Events?

My impression is that there are "Legal" cheats/exploits/annoyances and "Illegal" Hacks. {Legal & Illegal terms are strong I realize, it's only a game right? That I spent $80+ USD on...BF3/Back To Kark/Premium} These illegal hacks are becoming more prevalent, especially on servers where the Russian punks play.

Thats my Rant and I'm sticking with it lol.
:mad:

@Lothyr you can always look for servers like mine that have active admins and use more than just PB to do their anti cheat. there is a company that called CGC-Anti cheat, they use the PB stream and read through it but it has been proven to actually protect a lot of things PB doesn't. On my server we have seen less than 5 hackers\cheaters in the last 6 months.

Either way good luck hope you don't stop playing because of the a** hats :D

Well I broke down and bought premium. Used my 20% Greenmangaming coupon and my trade-ins. Final Price, $27. Couldn't pass that up.

Premium owners that get all the goodies.. I have a question:

Are there armor piercing bullets for rifles available?

I ask as I was killed by a sniper rifle DRIVING a tank. Is that even possible? He was also, after I called him out as a hacker, shooting me (headshots) with a handgun from on top of the mountain in Operation Firestorm (outside of D) when I was standing around C.

Premium owners that get all the goodies.. I have a question:

Are there armor piercing bullets for rifles available?

I ask as I was killed by a sniper rifle DRIVING a tank. Is that even possible? He was also, after I called him out as a hacker, shooting me (headshots) with a handgun from on top of the mountain in Operation Firestorm (outside of D) when I was standing around C.

I haven't read anything about AP rounds for rifles. I know vehicles such as plane/heli have AP. He sounds like a hacker.

you can explode C4 with certain rounds but I thought that was like the explosive rounds for the shotguns Some of my clan members have been banned for "Hacking" because they were blowing up tanks laced with C4 with shotties but I'm not sure if you can do that with a sniper rifle... Ill have to test that. it would be an awesome team mate thing to do. other wise sounds like a hacker the .44 shouldn't have that much power at that range.

Yeah this was a M98B or w/e that killed me while I was driving a tank. Not shooting from the gun or the 3 hole seat. Driving.

Then he had some handgun, not the .44mag, picking me off. from hundreds of meters away.

Ferrity was his ID. Dont remember the clan tag he had though. There were a couple of them in the server and one of his boys defended what he did by saying AP shells...

Back