• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield Vietnam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eep! I had my mom preorder Battlefield Vietnam and Unreal Tournament for my b-day, and turns out instead of ordering from EBGames (and getting free 2 day shipping) she orders from Amazon. And their estimated delivary time is Mar 24, 2004 - Mar 26, 2004. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

hey, i want to ask you, is the game like 1942, i mean is it like multiplayer. or does it have a single player with mission. not like 1942, because in 1942 the single player is like training for the multiplayer. so plz tell me if it's like that or does it have a story(single player)

Zim2411, Sorry to hear about that. I order a CD from Amazon a while back and it took damn near 4 weeks to get it. After that I never touched Amazon AGAIN.

hey, i want to ask you, is the game like 1942, i mean is it like multiplayer. or does it have a single player with mission. not like 1942, because in 1942 the single player is like training for the multiplayer. so plz tell me if it's like that or does it have a story(single player)

It doesn't have a story or at least I don't remember seeing one. There is Instant Battle "Identical to Multiplayer" except with Bots and all the adjustments you can make. I know BF1942 had a "Campaign Mode" but utterly pointless Lol! It basically goes through all the Maps doing Instant Battle......Like I mentioned before the main reason is to pick it up for Multiplayer. If you want to practice offline then there Instant Battle and the AI is improved.

damn its not out here till friday :(! why do EA discriminate against britain :( although on amazon its only £22 with free delivery. Although they probabally wont deliver it till next Monday, damn country...

Yeah I keep hearing about EB shafting people out of selling the PC Game today even THOUGH the game officially comes out today. Most Retail places are saying "Well they shipped today and we get them in around the afternoon, but we put them out for sale Tuesday". I don't understand that......

@*((@$*($*@)# )@*$((@!# (@$(#(@#& @($&*($@)!@()!@( _(#_)*!(&$*^#% @#^%$%#^@%&* !!!!

NO stores here in Phoenix have it. Gamestop, Babbages, EB, Bestbuy none. Guess I get it tomorrow after school :(.

Meh. Don't get me wrong, I love BF42. I even bought all of the expansions. It's a great game and I think all fps should have vehicles/64 player minimum now. But with UT2k4 comming out the same day, BFV is definitely going to have to wait.

I'm no UT fanboy (never even owned 3k) but I was just addicted to the demo. The graphix, gameplay, modes, the pace were perfect for some really intense action and also for showing off what my rig can do. ;)

I'll definitely get BFV but probably not untill we hit the summer lull in releases. Maybe I'm a little burnt out on BF for now.

Phoenix87 said:
@*((@$*($*@)# )@*$((@!# (@$(#(@#& @($&*($@)!@()!@( _(#_)*!(&$*^#% @#^%$%#^@%&* !!!!

NO stores here in Phoenix have it. Gamestop, Babbages, EB, Bestbuy none. Guess I get it tomorrow after school :(.

Sux to hear. I guess I'll prolly end up waiting till closer to this weekend to pick it up. :-/

well, i think there just trying to get more money by reserving. there musn't be another reason for not putting them on the selves

Well I played this game all day and it rules. Some minor gripes though:

1) Graphics engine does not allow me to use 1600x1200 without dropping down to an average of 20 FPS. This game looks good, but for the type of computer I Have, there is no reason for this

2) Sound is glitchy as hell

now for the PRO's

This game is awesome, addictiing, beautiful, pretty much everything a girl is without the cons !:cool:

this game seems to work well with my 9800 so if you have one do not worry. plus ATI releases new drivers every week so if there are glitches they'll fix them.

*EDIT, Multiplayer Accuracy is MUCH MUCH better in BF Vietnam, Usually the first to draw or shoot will kill the other person first* So everyone that was whining about BF1942 and how you could unload 2 clips seems to be fixed this time around* [/B]

That's the best news I've heard all day, I was wondering if it would be like that, because 1942 could be SO frustrating, filling a guy with 20 rounds from a Thompson only to have him run away.

Also I read that you could import your own songs to listen to while in vehicles, did that feature make it into the final version?

Leviathan41 said:

That's the best news I've heard all day, I was wondering if it would be like that, because 1942 could be SO frustrating, filling a guy with 20 rounds from a Thompson only to have him run away.

Also I read that you could import your own songs to listen to while in vehicles, did that feature make it into the final version?

yes it did! You just have to put up to 26 songs in the specified folder and there you have it!

Back