• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield Vietnam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is there any way to change the MVA so their default language is english......I am getting sick of trying to figure out what people are saying......

twEEkerAreUs said:

Nope any songs you add in, You can only hear/play. No one else can hear them as they would have to have the same exact song. Chances are even if they did, It wouldn't work as the game was programmed. I should test it out with a friend & put the same exact songs in.

They would have to set up a shoutcast server from your computer to all the other players on your server. That sounds like it could get to be really slow, especially when you're dealing with mp3s. Maybe they could come up with a proprietary format that you'd have to encode your songs in so that they'd stream to everyone on your server without hogging bandwidth. Or maybe they could make it so that you uploaded a song or two to the server when you join. That would be really sweet though, I could picture someone blaring Hey Ya out of their Vespa... that's atmosphere for ya.

Woot ..... 1 hour before i can pick my copy up! I have been saving my points at my local PC store so I'm getting this game for free! I managed to reserve the second to last copy. Also I have preped my server ready for this game so as soon as i get hom i will have a dedicated server up and running.

Warning This server is located in Japan on a 100MB upstream and downstream Fibre optic connection and US connection will have a ping rate of about 180ms

OCG players not welcome.

Got Ut2k4 and BFV today.. OMG Battlefield looks amazing
ut 2k4 is 6 god damn cd's can't they just put it on dvd already

Yeah I am probably going to pick up Unreal 2004 too. My friend at work can get me the Special Edition DVD Pack for only $20 :attn: and there is a $10 mail in rebate Lol! I'd be stupid not to pick it up, Especially with the free Logitech Headset. I'm addicted to Battlefield Vietnam right, Now that I have it running smoothly now. There needs to be more servers though, At least servers that can handle the load because there are way to many weak servers right now with connection issues.

FarEast, I'd be interested and checking it out. Let me know when you got it up and PM me, See how my ping is.

is there any way to change the MVA so their default language is english......I am getting sick of trying to figure out what people are saying......

I couldn't find one like in BF1942, Hmmmmm I'll look into it.

This game is Buggy as hell!!!!:mad:

I've been playing for about 1 hour and I've noticed several graphics and sound glitches.

My gun tends to disappear and reappear.
The commands on the top of the screen appear and disappear.

Sound is just weird....works and then doesn't and comes in and out.
Online play is soooo laggy, and others on the servers thought so too.

Overall this game DOES NOT look better than BF1942. I love BF and I will patiently wait for them to fix these issue, but boy do I feel like a beta tester.......yet again... thanks EA :rolleyes:

same crap they pulled on us with BF1942. this game was NOT ready for release. graphics and sound are both BUGGY as HELL.

and *what* is with the horrible LAG?? i'm sure it will be fixed soon in a patch.. but wtf.

I agree that the game was rushed, But there are work arounds to fix the lag. I rarely if ever have any now. invisible hand, Did you set your ATI settings to Application Preferences? When mine aren't set to it, My gun would disapear and would graphical glitches too. Hopefully they release a patch soon and the graphics to me look much better then BF1942, but if you can't set them maxed out then it is hard to tell. The lag relates back to the server or netcode. I get it too on over worked servers that can't handle the load, but I think the netcode needs to be tweaked

Last edited:
i'm a little dissapointed with this game. it really lags in heavily wooded areas and it drops the screen when i try to use the mortars. I don't know if its just me or waht but it shouldn't be taxing my rig as much as it is.

UT2004 runs with ease on my system. the game is pretty, sure, but the lag just sucks i expected a better product, hopefully they will release a patch since i've been reading others having similar problems...

Rutkus said:
i'm a little dissapointed with this game. it really lags in heavily wooded areas and it drops the screen when i try to use the mortars. I don't know if its just me or waht but it shouldn't be taxing my rig as much as it is.

UT2004 runs with ease on my system. the game is pretty, sure, but the lag just sucks i expected a better product, hopefully they will release a patch since i've been reading others having similar problems...

I agree man. What freaking video cards do they test these games out for!? With UT2004 (which looks INCREDIBLE) I have my settings at the highest in 1600x1200 and I get 50-60 fps and around 30 FPS when there is tons of action

Now BF Vietnam I have my settings all on high, and I have my resolution lower then 1600x1200 and I average 30 FPS and get as low as 15 FPS when in wooded area or tying to use the scope.

I think EA needs to put more emphasis on there R&D because it sure as hell doesnt seem like they know how to make a great game without 100 patches.

Glad I held off on buying this game. Sounds like almost everyone is having some issues with bugs or that whole 9800p thing. Another rushed EA game. They should've waited longer and NOT have released it the same day as UT2k4. That's where my money went anyways.

But I would just like to thank everyone who got the game and is currently beta testing it for those of us who held out. ;) We'll pick it up after the 1.1 or possibly 1.2 patch is out. :D

:beer:

what's burning? said:
Glad I held off on buying this game. Sounds like almost everyone is having some issues with bugs or that whole 9800p thing. Another rushed EA game. They should've waited longer and NOT have released it the same day as UT2k4. That's where my money went anyways.

But I would just like to thank everyone who got the game and is currently beta testing it for those of us who held out. ;) We'll pick it up after the 1.1 or possibly 1.2 patch is out. :D

haha, the thing is the game is still really fun, not as much as UT2004, but deffy worth $39. It is kinda sad when I have to put 50 M60 rounds into a VCA in order to take him down lol.

what's burning? said:

Ut2k4 is a great game, but I think $40 is a waste since you can get the demo that is basically the full game on one map for free. You have to wonder if it's worth $40 for maps alone (and a few more vehicles and guns, but I think the ones in Torlan are more than enough). I think I'll just keep playin' that demo and spend my money on BF:Vietnam. Polished or not, it looks like a boatload of good times.

twEEkerAreUs said:
Good news everyone Lol Wow this thread sure blew up. Anyway for anyone and EVERYONE who has the game and is having choppy/lag issues in Multiplayer........I think I have a fix for you. After searching around for answers and testing things out. I determined it isn't Videocard Drivers because I tested

ATI 4.3 Cat
ATI 4.2 Cat
ATI 4.1 Cat

All of them had the same results and if any of you remember BF1942 and the sound buffering problems some people had where it would make the game run like crap well guess what? SAME EXACT DEAL HERE TOO. It truly is a simple fix and so far great results, why this wasn't fixed before hand is beyond me. Do the following
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Navigate to:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\Mods\BfVietnam\settings

In there you will see a file named "Default" which is a .con file. Open it up with Note Pad and Copy & Paste the following.

rem *** for BC
Game.GameLevelPath BFVietnam/Levels/Operation_Irving/
Game.useMenu 1
Game.useHud 1
Game.menuMain BattlefieldMenu
Game.menuInGame InGame
Game.menuMap Map
Game.DebugCallbackDisabled 0
Game.SoundBuffersize 400

run AliasedCommands.con

softRun ../../../Tools/Editors/Editors.con

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The only change is "Game.SoundBuffersize 400" there is some sort of glitch in the game that overloads the Soundbuffer, it puts major strain on your system causing sporadic choppyness. Once you edited it, Save it and your good to go. I no longer have loss in performance anymore!!!!!! I hope although a patch does come out soon to address this, but for now it is an easy fix. Hope it helps

*EDIT CHECK MY WEBPAGE IF NEEDED FOR STEP BY STEP PICTURES*

Stiletto, Most maps are about equal size while some are fairly small. The plus side is that there are multiple "Camo/Cover Routes" to take for easy flag access. Makes the game more competitive

Is this fix specific to that Operation Irving level? I have a GF FX 5800 Ultra and I get choppiness.. that just should not be the case..

by the way, the game is great if these issues are resolved. Has anyone else noticed how laggy/choppy it is when you select the sniper who has the super duper scope?

I also think the whole selectable music in the vehicle is gimmicky. It's cool when you're inside the boat but the reality is you can hear these guys coming from a mile away blasting the Rolling Stones.. not so covert..

Is this fix specific to that Operation Irving level? I have a GF FX 5800 Ultra and I get choppiness.. that just should not be the case.. by the way, the game is great if these issues are resolved. Has anyone else noticed how laggy/choppy it is when you select the sniper who has the super duper scope? I also think the whole selectable music in the vehicle is gimmicky. It's cool when you're inside the boat but the reality is you can hear these guys coming from a mile away blasting the Rolling Stones.. not so covert..

While this is only a work around method dRagOOn101, It worked unusually well for me and others have verified it. I am actually downloading the new map one of the Dice employee's released to test it out. The sniper scope reminds me of Soldier Of Fortune 2, Where if you zoom in with maxed out detail high res, it lags big time. The music rocks hands down, When I'm playing seriously I don't blast the music. But when I want to have some fun it comes in useful :D ! Nothing like headbanging and cranking the tunes :attn:

*EDIT, LOL Hey DXIRONMAN! Will do.......Wow this thread sure has become popular. Now people I use to play with in BF1942 are popping up out of no where*

madcow235 said:
Its fun to go in a jeep and then turn up Wild thing and then look up and down really fast it looks like you are baning your head :)

anybody remember that video that had everyone bobing thier heads up and down??? LOL

mica

madcow235 said:
Its fun to go in a jeep and then turn up Wild thing and then look up and down really fast it looks like you are baning your head :)

Yeah there's nothing like hopping in a jeep, spinning your mouse in circles a lot, and driving straight off a cliff while your constipated avatar headbangs away... good times... good times...

Back