• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Been a minute..........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evil-Mobo

Well been away for a bit due to health (again) and some other issues. I'm currently running my X99/5820K build on an Asus Sabertooth mother board, 8 GB Corair Ram, with an EVGA GTX 980 SC and my Dell 1440p screen. Using A Fractal R5 with window and the CPU has a Corsair water cooler AIO. Running my awesome brown and tan fanz that everyone hates and the GPU is air cooled. Forgot the PSU model exactly but it's a 1K EVGA gold unit.

So I'm starting to get bit by the gaming on the PC bug again after trying the PS4 Pro since Dec. My question to the group is, is X99 out dated enough (to the point) with this setup that's it time to upgrade? I mainly play FPS games, so also wondering if I should stick to 1440p or move up to 4K or drop to 1080 or a wide screen version etc. I was contemplating adding a second Dell screen not sure currently running (1) 27" 1440p screen.

Buddy got to me download over watch and it showed me how much I miss playing on the PC and the console just doesn't do it for me at this point and with a PC an Xbox seems redundant..........

I know the post is all over it's just late and my head hurts with all this new Ryzen Stuff vs intel and the current GPU's etc........

I'd stick with what you have, personally. Overwatch is not a system intensive game.

I'd stick with what you have, personally. Overwatch is not a system intensive game.

Agreed. That setup you have will run rings around Overwatch/Fortnite @ 1080/1440 with maxed settings. I play FC5/4 with my current setup @ 1440 with ultra settings with no issues at all on a 43" HD LED screen

1440p isn't a CPU heavy resolution, its more GPU. You can easily stick with that CPU/Mobo/RAM for another couple of years. What I would upgrade to play at 2560x1440 is your GPU. A GTX 1080 is a perfect fit for 2560x1440 and a notable upgrade from your 980. ;)

What's going on bud been a while.

Well I wasn't meaning upgrading because of that game was just stating how that game got me back into the clciky mouse thingy and the letters in the box vs the controller from the consoles.

My current Game library is as follows:
Shadow of Mordor
Metro Last Light
Metro 2033
Star Citizen
Over Watch
Doom
COD Black Ops
Trine 2
CSGO
BattleFront

Thats it for the moment :)

Ok with that list of games at 1440p I'm thinking the same as Earthdog. Here's a good one for you!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GAI64GO/

Thanks for the input, I was looking at that exact card earlier today. Hey wonder if you can answer a question for me. I can't find my HDD cage for my Fractal Design case, you know where I could get this as a standalone item? Don't see the parts for sale anywhere.......... Rather keep the same case for now it's not hurting anything

Give their support line a try, never know what they'll say!

Ok guys do not know where to ask this so will do so here. It's been a while for me. Are game consoles allowed to be put up in the classifieds? Like if I wanted to see if someone wants to trade a 1080 for a PS4 "Pro"?

Any answers about what you can/can't sell should be in the classified rules.

Back