• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Being New to WCS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hmm, cant seem to find them through that route. Would it be better to replace the CPU block then? (Recommendations?)

Honestly you'd be best to sell the kit to someone else for what you paid. The Thermaltake systems aren't very good, and the radiators aren't big enough to cool much more than just your processor (and that's iffy.)

You could get a self contained liquid cooling system that will accomplish the same thing with much less headache for around 30 bucks today.

A new CPU block would run you generally 40-50 bucks.

I suggest selling the Thermaltake and going with one of those self contained systems now, or do a lot of research and anticipate spending a few hundred if you really want to water cool your system. Even building your own loop just for the processor will run you a couple hundred.

I honestly don't mind spending money to upgrade components on this set, to me its more about the learning experience.

I already know what ill be swapping out when parts start to die. Everything i have read has stated that the pump will be dying the soonest, when that happens i already know what pump i will be replacing it with, same with the reservoir. Fans the same thing, in fact i already have a set to replace the ones that are on the radiator just for aesthetics.

I really appreciate the concern that quite a few of you have expressed but it wasn't exactly the attitude i was expecting instead of welcoming arms into this unfounded territory, i have been inundated with being told that i am stupid and i should never have spent the money. I am honestly very surprised that i am receiving that type of feedback and its left a very bad taste in my mouth, to the point where i am saddened by the not being part of the forums anymore. Especially because you guys have so much to offer but the elitist attitude.

It's just you don't know about the TT stuff. I have been at this for years and have seen mulitudes of TT stuff breaking and just being a dissapointment.

I looked at TT back in 2007 and Koolance kits. I luckily read and hung out for THREE months before I bought my first WC part. I learned first.

It's not elitist, it's knowledge. Like the folks that think the world is flat. All we can do is inform them that they are wrong. Not much more we can do really.

You just didn't know anything about TT and watercooling. Your learning. You can do whatever you want with your stuff, we can't help you much except say it's a loosing battle to own a TT WC system.

Good luck dude.

What is it that dies so quickly with TT stuff?

What should i keep an eye out for to prevent catastrophic failure?

Are there things that i can do to extend the life expectancy of the parts?

Those are things i would like to know instead of what i bought was a waste of money Etc...

Back