• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching stations?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why not make one? It wouldn't be terribly complicated to make something functional. Just cut out the mobo-mount side of a case, along with the PCI(e) slot section, screw to to some plywood, add some posts and a second platform for the PSU/drives/etc, and voila! Bench station of considerable ugliness.

Why not make one? It wouldn't be terribly complicated to make something functional. Just cut out the mobo-mount side of a case, along with the PCI(e) slot section, screw to to some plywood, add some posts and a second platform for the PSU/drives/etc, and voila! Bench station of considerable ugliness.

+1 just look at this: http://www.highspeedpc.com/TD_STD_Tech_Station_Instructions.pdf it shows the parts that u need. U can go to home depot and buy everything for about $30

<< Standard Top Deck Tech Station shown, hardware not included.

Hehehe, I'm sure they meant "computer components not included", ya think?
It just caught my eye....as you were.

You could build that station better than they did actually. Like using countersunk screws instead of capping panheads on that top deck, and using aluminum ribbon in place of that plastic slot brace...how cheap is that?

I built one once out of copper tubing/fittings and plexiglass decks...be creative!

Back