• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Benching Team Member] - Join the fray!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Deanzo said:
I used X64 for just over a year, and AQ mark never worked for me.

And as for PC Mark05, the amount of time for zero results just did my head in..I tried the 32bit WM encoder but it never help me, but good luck and if you ever get it to work I'd love to know how.
I can't get either program to run. PCMark05 requires that the WM Encoder be installed, but at you said even falling back to the 32-bit encoder does nothing. As for AQ#, it seems that the x64 compatability issue is well-known.

El<(')>Maxi said:
aaron have you tried running AQ3 in Compatability mode?

No luck. Compatability mode has never worked when I'm having an issue with 32-bit sofware under XP64.

Looks like WindowsXP Pro (32-bit) is still about $100-$140, a little more than I'd like to spend right now. Maybe AQ3 or PCMarck05 will work under Vista64? I'll give that a shot.

In a stunning display of surprising awesomeness for Vista64, PCMark05 works fully under this OS. Not sure about AQ3, but at least I'll soon have my required suite of 10. :)

Update: PCMark05 run completed, added and updated the PCMark05 hwbot post. :)

Last edited:
aaronjb said:
Update: PCMark05 run completed, added and updated the PCMark05 hwbot post. :)

Well I can see Im going to have to give PC05 another go, when I first installed vista 64 months ago this is a list of tests that failed in PC05, HDD - XP Startup, HDD - General Usage, Multithreaded Test 2 / Text Edit and Multithreaded Test 3 / HDD - Virus Scan.

Did you do anything other than install it and run the bench mark ?

Deanzo said:
Well I can see Im going to have to give PC05 another go, when I first installed vista 64 months ago this is a list of tests that failed in PC05, HDD - XP Startup, HDD - General Usage, Multithreaded Test 2 / Text Edit and Multithreaded Test 3 / HDD - Virus Scan.

Did you do anything other than install it and run the bench mark ?

Nope. Just installed it and ran it. No compatability settings, and I didn't even run it as 'Administrator'.

Hey aaron
All working now, and there does seem to be a lot of love between vista and PC05, I got 10K and I did nothing.

And on another note, I see your on the board with some points now, well done mate.

That phase change unit dissapeared from the classifieds before my payday. :cry:

It really is time to plan out a dedicated benching setup, though.

El<(')>Maxi said:
Read first post, complete steps as indicated, join Team :)

completed.. posted in each benchmark exept PCMark05 which I'm having issues with.. just need to fix a thing or two (got a score of 800 because 3 tests didn't complete)

have i missed anything?

oh man, no wonder i dont have any points, i thought a screeny was good enough, but it appears that is no longer the case, dam. ok, well ill get that sorted after work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back