• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benefit to flashing GA-MA790XT-UD4P Bios & unlocking the 4th core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkclock

Registered
I have always wanted to unlock the fourth core on my AMD Phenom II x3 710 CPU every since i bought my Gigabyte motherboard. I went ahead and read a few tutorials on how to unlock that forth core. In the mean time i was researching the best motherboard that can unlock this forth core, since i didn't have the money at the time to buy a X4 processor. I decide to buy the X3 710 instead. The GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P was the motherboard that i decided would work best for unlocking at my budget.

I let the unlocking of my CPU to rest for quite sometime, but since i just finally purchased a nice Hyper 212 plus. I would like to see if i can unlock this fourth core after all! How risky can it be to flash your bios on GIGABYTE Motherboard?

I have read some reviews at this webpage http://www.raymond.cc/forum/tutoria...cores-on-amd-phenom-ii-550-be-710-720-be.html ---> My motherboard could successfully unlocking the fourth core if i had a F5/F7/F9 Bios. Currently i am running a F4 bios, and i went through the instructions and enabled my Advance Clock Calibration to "AUTO" and my ECC Fireware to Hybrid my computer result in not be able to boot.

I was wondering if i flashed my bios to one of the Firmware that might be able to unlock this fourth core would i be risky process? Could i damage motherboard in the process? Also i have seen a 3d bios for my board! If i flash my bios could i get the 3d interface for my bios on my motherboard?

It looks like this --> tMldq.png

Here is some computer infomation:
n4CIK.png
P7PKi.png

Let me know thanks!

1. You have waited until getting better cpu cooling to try and unlock a possible fourth core. = Okay sounds good.

2. You read that it takes bios versions F5, F7 or F9 to unlock possible locked cores, BUT you say you have bios F4. = Sounds to me like F4 does not unlock cores.

3. Bios flashing can or is always a somewhat risky business. I must have flashed bioses on varous boards over the last 10 years or so, at least 700 times. I did have one failure. Use the procedures that Gigabyte provides and problems should be greatly reduced.

4. Man I don't stay in the bios long enough to need some 3D junk. If the 3D bios is not made by Gigabyte, then you travel at your own risk.

Back