• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best bios settings for oc on ak31 3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Malakai said:
what stepping cpu is it?
I cant remember now but it was something I never heard before and wasnt listed in the cpu database but I really dont think thats the problem since I can set the multiplier really low and not up the fsb to even get in at a lower than stock speed.res0r9lm,do you have a link for doing the vio mod on this board?All I can find is some picture of doing it but nothing specific.That just may be the problem because If I have the fsb high enough to where I can windows to boot,like say at 137,the vid card is the first thing that gives me a bsod.

*JEREMY* said:

I cant remember now but it was something I never heard before and wasnt listed in the cpu database but I really dont think thats the problem since I can set the multiplier really low and not up the fsb to even get in at a lower than stock speed.res0r9lm,do you have a link for doing the vio mod on this board?All I can find is some picture of doing it but nothing specific.That just may be the problem because If I have the fsb high enough to where I can windows to boot,like say at 137,the vid card is the first thing that gives me a bsod.

the is only one that I know of vr-zone.com/guides/Shuttle/AK31

guys, can you change the voltage in the BIOS without
any modding? can i go from 1.75 to 1.80 without modding?

thanks

Starfox said:
guys, can you change the voltage in the BIOS without
any modding? can i go from 1.75 to 1.80 without modding?

thanks
Your vcore for your cpu you can but you cant adjust the vio.

Last edited:
The AK31 will only go up to 1.85 Vcore by changes in the bios. The bios SAYS you can go up by a lot, but it will only allow 1.85. Kinda crappy, but oh well.

Caffinehog said:
The AK31 will only go up to 1.85 Vcore by changes in the bios. The bios SAYS you can go up by a lot, but it will only allow 1.85. Kinda crappy, but oh well.
max you can set is +.100 anyhing higher and it reverts back to default voltage

Hmm... to get mine stable at some of the higher overclocks, I have to LOWER the vcore. I can't explain the logic of it, but my 1600XP will run 1579 @ 1.68Vcore, but will crash almost immediately at default vcore. And the temperatures are fine. Give it a shot. What have you got to lose?

FSB-162x10 @1620
2-256 Crucial PC2100

SETTINGS:
HOST CLK
MANUAL
4 BANK
2T
5T
2T
4 LEVEL
2T COMMAND
CPU VOLTS 1.85
DDR V 2.70

It's rock stable with no problems

Cant go above 143fsb also

I have a Athlon XP 1800+ AGOGA, on an AK35GTR board with 256 ddr crucial ram, and I can only OC up to 143 FSB and still run windows with no quick freeze, erros. I tried [email protected] and fsb@150 wouldnt even boot completely. IM curious about what you all come up with, cause like you said, I bought this board thinkinh I could OC up to @1.7 totally stable w/good cooling. BTW my systemp=32C and full load for 15 minutes is 43C right now; fsb=143 Vcore=1.8v, thats about all I can get out of it. I should have spent the extra money on the 2000+ instead? I hope someone figures this out.

xp 1600+ @ 10.5 x 155 1.825 vcore
2 x 256 cruical pc2100 @ 2-2-2-5 @ 2.7 volts

TB 1.4GHz @ 1.5GHz (10x150) 1.75 V.
ROCK STABLE. never a problem.
using Corsair XMS PC2100 512mb (256x2)
ive never had to up the vcore at all. ive only upped the memory voltage to the max allowed. 2.7.
i havent tried to get a higher O/C due to cooling. i need better cooling. i cant figure out why u cant get a higher FSB. my board is stock (not flashed) and i have no problems.

Last edited:
Back