• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Budget/Mid Range AMD Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fac_29

What, in your opinion, are the best Budget to MidRange AMD boards? I'm not talking A64 but standard XP's.
Important things to consider are, performance, overclocking features, stability, available Ram slots(at least 3) and MUST have onboard sound.
Not quite as important features(but would be preferable) are Hardware Monitoring, whether it can monitor "BOTH" Socket and Diode Temps.
Things that arent important at all are whether its ATX or mATX, and onboard video really isnt needed.
The cheaper the better :) Thankyou.

:D I knew someone was going to recommend that. Yeah i been thinkin bout gettin that for a while now. I can get one for around £50 here. Really, i'd like to get a board thats a little cheaper though if i can.

fac_29 said:
:D I knew someone was going to recommend that. Yeah i been thinkin bout gettin that for a while now. I can get one for around £50 here. Really, i'd like to get a board thats a little cheaper though if i can.

Have a look at the link plenty of boards below £50 personally I like the Soltek 75FRN-2L I have had one and it overclockes really well plus it's cheap but there are plenty of Asus boards a lot cheaper.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_AMD_Motherboards_68.html

Albatron KX18D Pro sounds absolutely perfect! Just read a review and its a great board for overclocking. Man, if i could get one of those cheap over here i'll get it...

I'll check out that Soltek board too and see what they have at overclockers, thanks.

Anyone else any recommendations?

fac_29 said:
Albatron KX18D Pro sounds absolutely perfect! Just read a review and its a great board for overclocking. Man, if i could get one of those cheap over here i'll get it...

I'll check out that Soltek board too and see what they have at overclockers, thanks.

Anyone else any recommendations?

I would not waste your time looking for an Albatron here in the UK I have tried many a time as one of my first boards was an Albatron and really good but they have pulled there support out for UK so I am told and there is no one stocking there products, AUT distrubution have one 845 and that's the onl Albatron I have seen here but best of luck if you do try.

You are entirely correct...I just did a search using Dealtime and it came back with 1 Pentium4 board! :(
Oh well, back to the drawing board...Or maybe i could Import? Now thats a possibility...

EDIT: Hmmm overclockers.co.uk have the Abit NF7 v2.0 nForce2 for £40! & Vat... Whats the difference between that and the Abit NF7-S? SATA? I'd like one with SATA like the Albatron has but its not a neccessity...

Last edited:
I have been searching for a mother board for an athlonxp too and have looked at the abit boards. The diffrence between the nf-s and the nf7 (based on posts here and a little research) is that you loose sata (and the raid), get lesser sound hardware, and loose firewire. There may be other things but based on abits site, thats all I could find.

Back