• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Buy Ripoff.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those don't know, "Caveat Emptor" means "Buyer Beware"

[sacrasm] Thanks for the tip Gondi [/sarcasm]

all i can say is that whatever you do, do not re-shrinkwrap it and return it! that only makes you the bad guy here. keep taking it up through the chain of command. you will get the right card or your money back, i promise. best buy will not allow it to get far enough to give them bad press... a company can easily take a $300 hit a lot easier than the damage of bad press... bad press may cost them thousands. all i can say is keep at it. don't give up. i sure as hell know i wouldn't.

and as a side note, my sister shrink wraps stuff for her work (she works at a candle making company) and they could re-shrinkwrap anything to make it look like it had never been opened, so it is extremely possible that it was a done by somebody.

mbentley said:
a company can easily take a $300 hit a lot easier than the damage of bad press... bad press may cost them thousands.

Just for encouragement: a few years ago (in 1998 I believe) I got ripped off and screwed by a Pizza Delivery Chain (I won't say the name here for various reasons). Anyway, I was mad as "wet hen." I e-mailed their main corporate office at about 10:00 pm (after I did not get the Pizza I had ordered and been promised) and told them, among other things, that I was going to teach my 3 year old to tell his friends in day care that "______________ Pizza sucks!" by 9:00 am the next day the corporate and district office had called me and by 10:00 am the manager of the store that had made me mad to start with called and apologized and offered a free pizza a month for an entire year if I would just not teach my kid to tell his friends that "_______________ Pizza sucks!" I took them up on the offer and after a year of free Pizza passed, I stopped doing business with them completely.

My suggestion, e-mail BB marketing and tell them that you intend to have your 3 year old tell his friends that "Best Buy sucks!" or something similar. I'll bet you get satisfaction fast.

:D

all i can say is that whatever you do, do not re-shrinkwrap it and return it! that only makes you the bad guy here.

Oh, yeah. I can't even believe that people actually suggested something like this. Well, maybe it was one of you guys that actually did this to fatguy then, eh?! j/k

But seriously, please don't ever do something like that, it damages everyone. It damages the customer first of all and then the store's reputation might do down the drain as well even if they didn't deserve it.

Hopefully none of you meant this seriously but dudes, I don't think it's even funny! Just look at what happened to fatguy, I don't think he's laughing right now...

Black_Paladin said:

Oh, yeah. I can't even believe that people actually suggested something like this. Well, maybe it was one of you guys that actually did this to fatguy then, eh?! j/k

But seriously, please don't ever do something like that, it damages everyone. It damages the customer first of all and then the store's reputation might do down the drain as well even if they didn't deserve it.

Hopefully none of you meant this seriously but dudes, I don't think it's even funny! Just look at what happened to fatguy, I don't think he's laughing right now...

exactly... and if you get caught, you really think they'd believe you after that? say goodbye to your $300...:rolleyes:

lawyer lynn, youre right. woohoo! but nayways, i cantb e the only one who noticed its an gp card.... can i? you know what be really funny, is if it was an old isa card. ROFL!

BTW!!!! i forgot to mention that it has been my experience through various purchases of stereo components that if you catch a BB or circuit City employee on their smoke break. you can usually buy their employee discount for about $5 bucks. i first experienced this on my way in one day and a young gentleman offered to do it for me if i gave him a couple of marlboros cause he "couldn't get time to go to the store for them". saved something like 15 bucks

Good tip

works at software etc too

i felt sorry for u too fatguy , for me ..i'll always open that stuff right away on the shop to see if it is working ..that way u dont get cheated and can sure the product can work :)

btw, do u have anyone to confirm that u didnt change the card ?[u didnt here] eg your parents / senior

just dont do the wrong way like demonstrating or something like that ...it will make ur problem worst

oH yeah, we will support u until u get back your card ..dont worry :)

Vengeance said:
*waiting for an update from Fatguy*

*cough*trim your sig*cough*
looks like you have 12.5 points... the max is 10... 1 point per normal text styled line @ the res 800x600... & you have an emoticon (that's 1.5 points for that line w/the icon)

:D
here's the sig rules found in the faq and guidelines:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58341
it's better to trim it than have a mod trim it for you :) just fair warning. thanks!!

i'm starting to sound like a certain shirt ninja... geez! :p

fatguy said:

no best buy in chelsea on 23rd street. watch problem solvers on fox 5 ;)

heh ok, well just pm me when the segment will be on if they decide to do it. =] im usually watching something else other than the news at 10

Vengeance said:
Sip-police :p

better?

it's an improvement... thanks :)

it's more or less a matter of having to scroll down so far past the sigs, so the size helps...

Last edited:
dont the news teams have like investigators that will like put ur story on the news and stuff and then they go investigate/interview making them look bad? If so tell them you're about to do that :p

My friend did that once with the news team up here and they basically hurt the little small business :/

That really is BS. It's not an isolated inccident though. I had a similar problem a few years back. I bought a cordless phone, all shrink wrapped and all. When I got home, there was no battery in it. Talke to ppl at BB and got nothing, went as far as regional manager and still nothing. Wasn't worth my time to persue it any further..I just don't shop at BB anymore..

Kobra

That really is BS. It's not an isolated inccident though. I had a similar problem a few years back. I bought a cordless phone, all shrink wrapped and all. When I got home, there was no battery in it. Talke to ppl at BB and got nothing, went as far as regional manager and still nothing. Wasn't worth my time to persue it any further..I just don't shop at BB anymore..

Kobra

Hehe. Maybe Fox 5 Problem Solvers will do something. I would lmao if I saw your problem on the Problem Solvers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back