• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best case and rad fans on a budget?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madmeatballs

So my fans are failing now. My 2 yate loons already died. Then my prolimatech Blue vortex 140mm is starting to fail too. Bought these fans 5 years ago. So far the only survivor is NZXT's FN140-RB. A Sycthe GT 2000rpm failed on me a year ago. I bought all these at the same time.

I'm looking into the Cougar Vortex PWM fans they are available in my country for 11$. Are they any good?

Also I need 2 radiator fans for h80i since the stock fans are failing too.

Last edited:
Don't they make San Aces in the Philippines? Or is the factory not on your island?

@ehume never heard of san aces. Are they good I see they are made from here but are they good they sell for 27$ so I think they are really meant for export.

Any other suggestions? for radiator fans? I found the San Aces but I only found one seller and hes selling it for a high price.

Last edited:
That is a good suggestion. Low speed YL's for case fans. I actually have a 140mm in service right now. But OP is in the Philippines and YL's may not be available.

For case fans, don't go over 1000 rpm. If you have square 120mm fan windows with room on the side you can use round framed 140mm fans. They work well.

Only the D12SH/D14SH yate loons are available locally though I've already tried them actually I will be replacing 2 dying yates. Would prefer something a bit more quiet. Kinda eye-ing on a couple of Prolimatech's BV 14 but only the red led ones are available.

Anyway I have an Off-Topic question. Since I will RMA my h80i I'll be needing a replacement for it. Would a Scythe Mugen 4 be enough? I can't fit more than 159mm height in this case.

Last edited:
NH-D14 should fit in there, can you get one of those?
It'll perform about like the H80i, maybe a bit better at times, but will be infinitely quieter.

Also depending on the configuration (ram height and distance between CPU and ram) you can move the 120 fan from the front of the NH-D14 to the rear in a pull config.

Oh, and if you're not sure what'll fit, they have a list on their website! :)

nevermind the d14 I went mugen 4 since it was cheaper and it was only going to be a replacement since I'll be getting back with my h80i, also I read that the mugen 4 almost/on par with the d14. Well at least I get a free scythe fan from this lol.

Anyway, back to topic. Do you guys have any thoughts on Panasonic Panaflow, XSPC, and EK Silent fans? I've found a dude selling these fans for cheap around yate loon price range.

EK FAN Silent 120-1600 RPM, well heres whats written on his ad.

"EK FAN Silent 120-1600 RPM is a quality durable computer ventilation fan designed for enthusiasts who are after silent and lasting cooling solution. Fan provides additional airflow without increasing noise levels and is available at an affordable price. Precisely balanced fan blades and long life Hydro Dynamic bearing guarantee ultra low noise. "

the XSPC fan, it was reviewed here
http://www.overclockers.com/xspc-xinruilian-fan/
from what the review says its a bit better than the San Ace which sells for around 22$usd here, I can get this for 9$usd(XSPC).

Panasonic Panaflo Fans by NMB-MAT, no info about this just that and it's specs which are

Rated Voltage: 12v
Current (A): 0.27
Input Power (W): 3.24
Speed:2300RPM
Max Airflow: 83.6 CFM
Max Static Pressure: 2.37mm/H20
Noise: 34.0 dbi
MAss (g):260
Dimensions: (H)120mm (L)120mm (W)38mm

(actually can get these fans for 9$usd each)
anyone tried these fans?

I have a FD Core 3300 case btw and I'm trying to cool an FX-8350 @4.5 with a R9 290 tri-x(these are veryyyy loud on full rpm lol its insane, I thought it was breaking apart)

Last edited:
For case fans, grab the higher airflow fans.
For the rad fans, grab higher static pressure.

All look to be good fans.

Back