• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST CLOSED LOOP COOLER?...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Julio_tech

Registered
Hello,

I have a Noctua Nh D14 and i want to replace it with a CLC Cooler, i have a Cm 690 II advanced case.

I want to replace it becouse i found the Noctua Too Big and ugly and im a little ocd.

Some options?

Ive been seeing quite a few threads across various forums of the pump blocks leaking in those. Your mileage will vary though.

Ive been seeing quite a few threads across various forums of the pump blocks leaking in those. Your mileage will vary though.

sad to hear; where'd you see this? though I'm sure swiftech will take care of the replacement (assuming your system doesn't fry.)

Anything to say from the Swiftech rep on here? isn't the CEO a member of OCF?

sad to hear; where'd you see this? though I'm sure swiftech will take care of the replacement (assuming your system doesn't fry.)

Anything to say from the Swiftech rep on here? isn't the CEO a member of OCF?

My bad, it was the Eisberg 240L.

My bad, it was the Eisberg 240L.

cool. I suggest swiftech and would hate to do so knowing they have defects. Used to suggest Bitfenix but after losing just $25 on a 200mm fan and ZERO support I doubt they'll be on my go to list anymore. swiftech block on my gtx680 is b|+ching.

I, too, am looking seriously at the Switech H220-X to use on my new i7 5960X rather than my current Noctua NH-D15. I will air cool for a bit until I decide which AIO I should go with. I also like the Cooler Master Nepton 280, but all of the reviews I've read say it's LOUD due to the fans. I want great cooling with low decibels at a reasonable price. I've considered Swiftech's Elite 360 kit, but $250+ is more than I want to pay for something that probably won't be that much better than high-end air from Noctua. But I stand ready to be educated.

Get The Swiftech H220-X. I just installed my 220X last week and I am extremely happy with it. The system is very quiet and I only need to run the pump at 30%. When Swiftech releases the pump adapter I am adding another 240 rad with 1/2 tubing.

Im happy with my H105, its a tad noisy, but no issues.

I dont ever recommend throttling a pump, but its your pc, so whatever.

Im happy with my H105, its a tad noisy, but no issues.

I dont ever recommend throttling a pump, but its your pc, so whatever.

The pump in the H220-X is PWM, meaning it is able to be controlled on the fly.

I'm not sure why you'd recommend not "throttling" a pump, especially when it is specifically designed to be run at speeds under 100%.

The pump in the H220-X is PWM, meaning it is able to be controlled on the fly.

I'm not sure why you'd recommend not "throttling" a pump, especially when it is specifically designed to be run at speeds under 100%.

Never realized pwm pumps were a thing. My only real experience is with corsair pumps and they are not supposed to be undervolted.

Never realized pwm pumps were a thing. My only real experience is with corsair pumps and they are not supposed to be undervolted.

Yes, undervolting doesn't work well for pumps.
PWM is becoming more and more common though, with both custom watercooling and AIOs.

The Kraken X61 and H220-X are the only AIO's with PWM pumps. At 1600 rpm it's silent while still providing good pressure and flow. I had a H100i that worked fine. I just got tired of all the fan noise.

I don't normaly use water cooling but the AIO that I got a while back is doing very well, Cooler Master Nepton 280L

Back