• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best DVD-RAM

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not many dvd writers support DVD-ram, I've got one LG GSA-H10AB 16xDVDRW/RAM and a LG 4167 both of which support ram discs and I've never had a problem with either

The LG GSA-H10L is a great drive.

Reads/writes most, if not all formats:

DVDR+/-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-ROM, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL, CD-R, CD-RW &CD-ROM.

It is also a Lightscribe drive.

So far it has not failed me yet, and I abuse it almost daily, and with a modded firmware (that can be found by "googling" the drive model and "firmware") it can also be made region free.

i got a hitachi branded lightscribe double with the RAM dvd capacity,
it was rather cheap, does 5x ram, which seems rather slow. in fact everything that occurs on the CD seems rather slow, compared to a real drive. oh well.
i was surprised to have gotten a DVD with double layer stuff, and ram TOO, made me happy for the same price.
of course they say this double layer is going to be obsolete, but then i never saw a DL dsk yet, so i aint to worried.

i have 2 sided RAM disks and like i said rather slow, just HAPPY it does them too.
as far as litescribe?? they can have it, already got color dvds, and lightscribe is just a grayish change, cute trick but not nessiarily replacemtn for full actual printing

Back