• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best for OCing combination..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeasonalEclipse

Okay. so I have 2 socket 754 CPUs, im getting another board/ram and another cooler.
Firstly I have my main system in my sig with the 3200+ clawhammer. Today I got my new 3000+ newcastle to toy with And I was curious if using that CPU on my current MATX board would result in decent clocks? The other board im getting is Asus K8N4E - Deluxe. I planned on using that board for my main system (Mass SATAness). I was curious to which CPU/board combo would see the best OC and performance. I also plan to keep the stock AMD cooler and this everist silver knight thingy I traded for. Anyhow, what is the best combo for stable OC and would what be the best performer OCed on which board?

[Q]I also plan to keep the stock AMD cooler [Q]

i dont know much about the rest but ive done some oc's with the stock
hs/fan that should have cooked and never did
:beer:

Well I just want to know what will do the best at a limited air OC and with those two cooler I listed above. I can press my clawhammer to 2.2 on stock without any issues. I havent been able to test the newcastle yet and this is on my tforce board. I havent gotten the other one just yet either.

Back