• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best gaming keyboard?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
if you can deal with the sound of an IBM model M then it is hands down the best you can get and will never get outdated or break in all likely hood. However sometimes I game late into the night and dont want to make to much noise so I tend to only use my model m for writing papers as it sounds and feels like a typewriter when you are using it lol. I use my saitek eclispe II for all of my gaming and casual internet browsing and only use my g15 if I need some crazy macros for MMOs which hasnt been for awhile in my case.

you can read about, and buy, the IBM model M here

Last edited:
BossBorot said:
IMHO the Saitek eclipse II will spank the logitech g15 for everything except mmo gaming where the g15's programmable keys come in handy. What makes a gaming keyboard to me is good construction and good non clicky keys. Lights are not a big deal to me and IMHO the keys on a saitek beat everything out there currently except for the old school IBM model M. However IMHO the IBM is to loud for gaming although the keys feel really good.

Note that this was typed on both a saitek eclipse II and a logitech g15. I also have an IBM model M too.

I agree. I have about 15 keyboards in my house at the moment and I agree 100% that the Eclipse 2 because of the way the keys feel is the top dog. The changing colors and media keys are a plus but it's the feel of the keys and the amount of resistance they take( which is the prefect amount ) that I love about them.

Back