• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Graphics Card at the moment??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ok

personally i never look at a card's scores on 3dmark or winmark or whatever, it's not like any of us play those progs, we play q3a and cs and games like that, if the card scores great in the games then it's better than the one that scores great in the testing progs

8500. It has more options. It is the better performer. It is $100 cheaper.

The driver issue is just about null and void. The latest drivers have made the 8500 the top performer in almost every last realm.

Whereas the lastest nVidia drivers were pulled off the shelves because they were utter crap.

a bunch 8500 lovers in here eh?
it's a good card. ATI still needs to get the drivers our more frequently though...
but yeah it's a good card.
anyone know what ATIs next step is? we know about the NV25 and even 30. but what about ATI?

I saw on a site, that ATis answer to the NV25 is a overclocked raedon 8500. Don't know if new features are there. Anybody got info on it?

Akumu X said:
a bunch 8500 lovers in here eh?
it's a good card. ATI still needs to get the drivers our more frequently though...
but yeah it's a good card.
anyone know what ATIs next step is? we know about the NV25 and even 30. but what about ATI?

personally i hiope that the next set of drivers that they put out are as good as the drivers that original Radeon owners enjoy, and then they slow down the pace, why? because releasing drivers every 2 weeks is pointless....some people may say its Ti500 because of the memory speed, i say its because 500 driver releseases before it reaches its full potential :)

WeaponX said:
Well, 3DMark2001 did prove that the 8500 performed better, but I would still get the Geforce 3 Ti 500 since the majority of the newest games will be supporting Nvidia, not ATI.

yeah some games now have extra support only for Geforce cards...Which bugs me a little...

FerrariF50 said:

yeah some games now have extra support only for Geforce cards...Which bugs me a little...

I do think its a good sign of change though that Serious Sam, Counter Strike, and some other games already support TRUFORM.....i think htat if ATI follows the trend that it has ever since the RadeonDDR came out, this NVIDIA sucking up will end, other good news, Powercolor and Gigabyte, are releasing ATI cards.....

I don't know if I should start a new thread for this....But as you know lol I really want to play the game comanche4 but my system is really outdated.....

The specs for the game are really high

Recommended - Pentium III 700 equivalent with 133 MHz bus (4x AGP)

and they say that it only runs with Agp cards...well I have a pci Ati Radeon 32mb sdr...but I can only run at 800x600 and everything on low....if I run it too high everything turns white and my computer restarts by it's self..

But my real question is whats a allaround good video card for a "good price" I don't know about the Geforce3 Ti.... Plus I don't know what Video maker I should stick with... My Ati have not given me any problems not sure about Nivida never tryed them yet....but it seems like most games take more use of their features... And last a mobo to go with it that wont make me go broke and cry because it's unstable...

PS sorry for the long post..

Look at the thread intitled "Best Vid Card for 100$", It seems that for $100 (sometimes less) you can get a ATi Radeon 7500. Its faster than a G2 Ultra and overclocks well.

However if your willing to spend a bit more then for $150 you can pick up a Geforce 3 Ti 200, some people are reporting crazy overclocks for this card, someone got 300/600, 8800 3DMarks....

Take ya money make ya choice.

What system spec have you got though? Is it adequate?

Is TnL as extensively supported by the 8500 as it is by the GF3?
I take it the 8500 doesn't have programmable TnL. Or does it...

FerrariF50 said:
the Ati 8500 does not have a hardware T&L I heard like the Geforce's

ummm where did you hear that? Every ATI card (excluding VE) since the original Radeon came out has had Hardware T&L.....

what's left of this horse is approaching the size of the space between the L1 bridges on an Athlon XP.

but it's not enough...BEAT IT BEAT IT MORE :D

we're gonna go molecular!! :D

Well there are a couple of factors, you are running a PCI card, you have a Pentium II, and what are you using to judge the difference in qulaity....

FerrariF50 said:
my eyes.....

is this on the same system as you are running rightnwo with the same monitor? because almost everyone else i have known will say that the radeons have better image qulaity hands down...

funnyperson1 said:

is this on the same system as you are running rightnwo with the same monitor? because almost everyone else i have known will say that the radeons have better image qulaity hands down...

maybe it was because I was running it in 16-bit color and at 800x600..... I can't set it too high or everything turns white....that game really needs some hardware to run... good thing I can get my new mobo in about 3 weeks from now..

FerrariF50 said:

maybe it was because I was running it in 16-bit color and at 800x600..... I can't set it too high or everything turns white....that game really needs some hardware to run... good thing I can get my new mobo in about 3 weeks from now..

thaty would definately do it, 32bit color and 1024x768 resolution is infinitely better than 800x600x32, i highly suggest you get an AGP card...

FerrariF50 said:

yes, thats almost definately it, 32bit color is a whole lot different esecially at 1024x768......i suggest you get an agp card....

Back