• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Loop Position 900D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GwFreak01

Registered
So I've had this loop for around 6 months, but I'm going to break it down and rebuild it due to some of the pipes having microcracks and stained. I was curious if anyone here knows the best loop position that would require minimal bending. Cost of tubing/fittings shouldn't be an issue at all. I also would like a drain/refill port in the new loop.
10656705_943965182287438_479708698_n.jpg

BTW, the colour of the distilled water was suppose to be Pastel Red, but for some reason, over the course of the months, it turned to this weird purple colour.

Please help me baby

1. Get colored acrylic...dyes are generally a no no.

As far as shortest runs.. I'm mobile and will let someone else handle that.

1. Get colored acrylic...dyes are generally a no no.

As far as shortest runs.. I'm mobile and will let someone else handle that.

where do you buy coloured acrylic? I've never seen custom pc stores selling them except Monsoon, but they use inches instead of metric.

darn.... alright so does anybody have a good idea for the best loop position?

darn.... alright so does anybody have a good idea for the best loop position?

Have a look in my signature at my 900D Nostalgia v2.2 build log to give you possibly some ideas for example. Use google and youtube for 900D water cooling builds. Look at quite a few of them than break it down on paper. Find out what looks good etc.

Have a look in my signature at my 900D Nostalgia v2.2 build log to give you possibly some ideas for example. Use google and youtube for 900D water cooling builds. Look at quite a few of them than break it down on paper. Find out what looks good etc.

Also do you highly recommend using PETG vs Acrylic now a days?

Also do you highly recommend using PETG vs Acrylic now a days?

Oh, I recommend regular tubing (Primochill Advanced LRT). I am not into acrylic as I think its a pain in the butt when it comes to maintenance. I believe acrylic tubing is best used for showroom rigs personally. But to answer your question, I am not sure what the difference in acrylic is if that's what you're asking.

ahhh, It's really hard to find a real simple acrylic loop example for this case :( Need moar monies for moar gpus

The only reason I like the acrylic tubing is because I like the clean straight/angled cuts on them

The only reason I like the acrylic tubing is because I like the clean straight/angled cuts on them

Samething can be done with tubing. You could spend a bunch of angle fittings and have short tubing connected to it. Some guys make it look like as if it were acrylic in the tightness of the loop if you will.

View attachment 153325

5_0_547.jpg

hmmm if I were to change to Primochill's PETG/Acrylic tubing, they use 1/2" OD, but the only fittings that they have are straight. Are there any fittings that are angled for 1/2" OD Tubing? I cant seem to find any.

hmmm if I were to change to Primochill's PETG/Acrylic tubing, they use 1/2" OD, but the only fittings that they have are straight. Are there any fittings that are angled for 1/2" OD Tubing? I cant seem to find any.

I haven't seen any angled fittings for acrylic tubing from Primochill. That's where your acrylic bending skills are needed. :p

Back