• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mobo for 4770k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hence the remarks i made about EYE CANDY etc. For newer members it can mean the difference between a great board and experience. Or sadly as ive seen in the past on here a large PAPER WEIGHT and a very bad taste in the mouth! AJ. ;)

P.S. Plus the pain of having to buy all over again. :mad:

Yes that is all too true. Then again it would seem that most members here seem to be willing to give each other the benefit of doubt. Then again usually the members here are better informed and seem to ask questions that are (at times) enlightening.

:p P. S. - plus the fact that someone has to pay for it.

*Solved*

I ended up ordering:

1) 4770K
2) Msi Mpower Max
3) Corsair H110
4) Corsair 650D.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm sure I'll be posting elsewhere in the forum as soon as I get all the parts.

*Solved*

I ended up ordering:

1) 4770K
2) Msi Mpower Max
3) Corsair H110
4) Corsair 650D.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm sure I'll be posting elsewhere in the forum as soon as I get all the parts.

Sounds great! Please let us all know how it works out. :D

Don't forget to add your scores to the datebase either, please!

So far on my test bench (running stock) with stock cooler and stock paste im getting 35-40 on idle and 70-75 on load. Hopefully with the h110 and mx4 paste I will get better results. Havent looked into the voltage yet. Will know more over the next few days as I peice this machine together.

So far on my test bench (running stock) with stock cooler and stock paste im getting 35-40 on idle and 70-75 on load. Hopefully with the h110 and mx4 paste I will get better results. Havent looked into the voltage yet. Will know more over the next few days as I peice this machine together.

Sounds good. I reason that if you are getting 70-75 on stock cooling. You should be able to ~4.5 max O/C.:thup:

Please post more as you "piece' the build together - Peace Out!:salute:

I love my Asus v-pro board, stable at 4.5 seems nice, if a maximus board allowed for a stable 4.8, is it worth the money? Overclocking is fun, don't get me wrong, but your system has to stay stable at some point. I think there are a lot of non-bling boards that can do a great job

*Solved*

I ended up ordering:

1) 4770K
2) Msi Mpower Max
3) Corsair H110
4) Corsair 650D.

I love my Asus v-pro board, stable at 4.5 seems nice, if a maximus board allowed for a stable 4.8, is it worth the money? Overclocking is fun, don't get me wrong, but your system has to stay stable at some point. I think there are a lot of non-bling boards that can do a great job

Asus Maximus V and 3770K at 4.5 - nice overclock:thup:

3770K vs 4770K - may or may not be the same. (Think that we're splitting hairs now). I can't imagine that there is a BIG difference.

Sounds good. I reason that if you are getting 70-75 on stock cooling. You should be able to ~4.5 max O/C.:thup:

Please post more as you "piece' the build together - Peace Out!:salute:

The unfortunate issue that I ran into is that my new case has not arrived yet so I am waiting on that to put the h110 on the cpu. Don't wanna O/C on a test bench :-/

On a good note all my other parts arrived 1 day after ordering and so far it all works.

The unfortunate issue that I ran into is that my new case has not arrived yet so I am waiting on that to put the h110 on the cpu. Don't wanna O/C on a test bench :-/

On a good note all my other parts arrived 1 day after ordering and so far it all works.

Great to hear! Where did you order from (I think you mention Newegg, Ncix...)

I have learned from experience it is "unwise" to rush one's build...like all great relationships it tales.

Keep posting please....:D

Yah in the end ncix was the cheapest. A few days earlier they were almost $200 more expensive.

Yah in the end ncix was the cheapest. A few days earlier they were almost $200 more expensive.

:shock:

Than newegg.ca? I was lead to believe that the CAN $ and the US $ where almost the same value (or pretty darn close).

Yup Cheaper than newegg.ca and Newegg.com did not have the board in stock

Hello all,

It pays to search for the best deal. I picked up a Corsair AX1200i PSU for $280.00 US a couple weeks ago from NCIX. Now NCIX has them listed for $380 US and Newegg has them at $330 US.

Agreed, there were 4 sites in consideration and amazingly when I ordered the biggest difference was around $50 total with shipping and taxes included. I can't stress enough to do research before you buy. Understand what you are getting, the retailer and the product in which you choose. Oh and don't forget the online community as they are always the best resource for info.

I wish to add to that statement, don't forget about good old Customer Service! So if you have dead or damaged part you do not need the hassle of trying to get it exchanged added to it. So check that out as well before you buy! AJ. ;):shrug:

*****Update*****

Finally got the case a few hrs ago and hooked it all up. I did a quick dirty OC of 4.5, she booted to bios with temps @ 46-50. Having issues with my windows so im reinstalling atm. More to come, stay tuned.

Back