• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best MOBO options for 3-4 GPU's AND -Intel-Core-i9-7980XE compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

Currently using 2 GPU's on my ASUS X99-A2 mobo for GPU rendering.Planning to add a 3rd GPU in the 4th PCIE slot but its obvious this board was NOT designed to really use more than 2 GPU's since access to my USB3 port, LED and power switch connectors is compromised!

So, if I am considering a new mobo either for xmas or the new year, what would be the best option to easily accommodate 3, and possibly even a 4th GPU?

Bonus points for -Intel-Core-i9-7980XE compatibility!

Peofessional Gaming i9 from asrock seems like a good fit as well. Taichi...which is cheaper..

There are several that will support 3+ gpus many can cover that bottom io area with 4.

Last edited:
So you grab the MoBo alltogether with the CPU, right?

This one will do for 3 GPU's (2 slots heigh max) and 4 if you have a case big enough to fit the PSU.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/X299 OC Formula/index.asp

For the leds, switches and USB3, they'll be hidden behind the 4th GPU on all MoBos.

Thanks!! Definitely a step up from my ASUS X99A2.

For case compatibility (Phanteks Enthoo Luxe) I guess I would have to contact the manufacturer?
Not great feedback from Phantek support...

Only problem with that over the Gigabyte is that for 3 GPU's it looks like I'd have to use the 4th PCIE slot...which i'd like to avoid:(

Back