• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Nforce2 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I used to like the A7N8X but I heard some issues like the cold boot issue with that board which Ed mentioned on the front page.

I now learn towards the 8RDA+ since there have been no problems reported since it's release and people are getting insanely high FSBs with it. I haven't ran into problems with Epox in the past so they're pretty good.

Who knows anything about the Biostar? I haven't heard anything particularly good about Biostar. It's a MicroATX board with onboard video, a feature hard to come by on even standard ATX boards . . . I'm looking seriously at this. What do you folks think? I asked in another thread, but I've gotten no response in a week or so.

Z

The new MSI is the most feature rich board i've seen it has all the raid, sata, firewire, usb 2.0, sound, graphics and tv tuner + they've even added heat sinks to the voltage regulators for added cooling.......all for around the same price as the epox 8RDA+.

But it must be said if your looing to overclock then is only one choice really = 8RDA+ not feature packed, but agreat board never the less!:D

MDA.

who knows of anything in a MicroATX form-factor that also has graphics that will overclock? I really need an answer to this . . .

Thanks

Z

"But it must be said if your looing to overclock then is only one choice really = 8RDA+ not feature packed, but agreat board never the less!"

How much is one of these? count me in......I need a good OCability athlonXP board. Funnyperson1 said the newegg athlonXP1700+ cpus OC like mad. I could easily just slip in one of those in a kt333 mobo and presto! from 1.4 to 1.85 real GHz! I want a mobo thatll go up in fsbs of 1MHz, have preset agp and pci speeds of 66/33 without dividers to mess, prefer 3 ddr dim slots, but 2 will do, DO not want onboard video! also can any mobos unlock the cpus multiplier so I can achieve even higher fsbs?

o yes, how is the FSB changed on these, lik ehow do you set in in the bios. I have come to acustomed to my SHuttle board :p

Will... ASUS seems to be the only way to go for good sound, SATA, high overclocks, RAID... all the other boards have certain drawbacks.

don't get msi and leadtek, they confirmed that they DON'T have a pci lock, i'm kinda afraid of epox :eek: with the gf4 problem and stability, chaintech zenith 7NJS is a dream...too expensive, the abit looks pretty good, but i would choose the asus: it has confirmed pci and agp lock, lots of extras, soundstorm, sata raid, and with the new bios having up to 250mhz fsb, it's the best choice...gettin one soon ;)

Are Asus and Abit going to go MicroATX on the NForce2 boards anytime soon? I really need a microATX board and fast, and I don't want to tempt fate and buy a Biostar. Good to know about which boards have locks and the FSB options. . .

Z

i have an a7v333 right now and it sucks hardcore. i just dont like it. does sata and raid hold overclocking back, or does anything hold overclocking back.

thanks,

~Will

also i would like to hit a 200mhz fsb or highter with this board.

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
don't get msi and leadtek, they confirmed that they DON'T have a pci lock, i'm kinda afraid of epox :eek: with the gf4 problem and stability, chaintech zenith 7NJS is a dream...too expensive, the abit looks pretty good, but i would choose the asus: it has confirmed pci and agp lock, lots of extras, soundstorm, sata raid, and with the new bios having up to 250mhz fsb, it's the best choice...gettin one soon ;)

the GeForec 4 problem is only a problem if you are not careful and aware ween installing the card... it isnt hta big of a deal if you know about it...:rolleyes: :D :D :D

CrashOveride said:

the GeForec 4 problem is only a problem if you are not careful and aware ween installing the card... it isnt hta big of a deal if you know about it...:rolleyes: :D :D :D

the gf4 not a problem? man, i don't wanna buy something and play russian roulette like "am i precautious enough with my ti4600? let's find out..."
what if the same problem exists with the FX too? and what if the problem with the FX would be worse, like whatever precautions you take, it just burn the FX?

that's too many "what if's" to not be a problem mate, we're not talking about problems solved with BIOS updates (ASUS voltage, Chaintech's 200MHz fsb limit), we're talking about defective and dangerous assemblying...

i fyou read the thread the problem with it is that the mempry clip can knock off a ressitor if you are not careful installing it... i guess if you are that worried then dont get the board but (though i dont have one) it dosnt look like it is that hard to fix... meh whatever you feel comfortable with:D

well I cant be sure yet. I do know I dont need more than 200fsb. I just want stability above all and also low price. also must be good OCer

Back