• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Nforce2 Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
zachj said:
Are Asus and Abit going to go MicroATX on the NForce2 boards anytime soon? I really need a microATX board and fast, and I don't want to tempt fate and buy a Biostar. Good to know about which boards have locks and the FSB options. . .

Z

Shuttle has one of their mini-computers using an nforce2 chipset with integrated graphics and a lot of cool features. I assume it's in microATX format b/c that case is just soo small, here is a review :)

Thanks so much. I read a review of that in MPC last night and never even considered it. I assume that they sell that as a stand-alone item as well? Does it overclock well, or not? I don't know that I need 200FSB, but I'd like no less than 166 because I want new 2800+ speeds if I can get 'em. Thanks for responding. I've been looking for a board for so long. I just got a 22mph speeding ticket and I'm only 17.5, so I have to go to court. If I end up paying the ticket, say bye-bye to Zach's modding project. It wasn't my fault though. It was a damn highway off-ramp. The speed went from 55 to 35 without warning and the cop was sitting literally like 100 feet away or so, so there as no way I could have slowed down in time. Oh well, not much I can do now and worrying will just make it worse. Just wait 'till I tell my mommy (she's out of town) . . .

Thanks again

Z

both the nforce 2 chaintechs have waterblock holes right? :D

is it really worth it to get the zenith over the 7NJL1?

Shuttle does have an NForce2 board. That's what they're making their NForce2 SFF systems out of. I don't think they're for sale quite yet, but they are going to be out very soon.

Z

Yeah, I don't think they sell that board seperately from the Shuttle XPC system. But, the Biostar M-ATX board looks promising since it comes with all the goodies an nforce2 IGP mobo should have.

It also has "WarpSpeeder" which is the equivalent of a built-in overclocking system, so it even allows for oc'ing above the supported 166fsb.

Yea, I saw the "warpspeeder". The feature-set of the Biostar is excellent, including all that I want to have and on a red PCB(I want that). I just very much doubt the quality of Biostar boards and their ability to overclock. I've asked around, and all I hear is "stay away" or "they run fine at stock". I'm not interested in stock. I need to run a 1600+ or 1700+ at the highest FSB possible. If I can't hit 166, I'm not happy. Also, it seems that you're right about the Shuttle board not being sold outside the XPC. Perhaps I ought to go with Intel, then? I can't find any AGP8X boards in MATX for Intel, though. The reason I'm so gung ho about NForce2 is the integrated graphics. I don't know if the MX could beat my 8500, but I don't want to worry about add-in cards until I have to. The Shuttle board appears to be a little smaller than the Biostar, too. Is that smaller than MATX or something?

Z

ya, i had e-mailed shuttle inquireing about the nforce2, all they would say is that it was in that system. So i knew that, but I doubt anyone would buy that and strip out the nforce2 board

willlangford said:
i am going to grab that board from newegg soon. thanks for the help

~Will

if you are talking about the 8rda+, i wouldn't get it from newegg. they were charging about $30 more than most other places. try mwave.com

The plus is like 135$ the nonplus is 88$ at newegg. The plus is out of stock. I just ordered a nonplus.

8rda+

The only differences between the + and non+ are??

Onboard LAN and the + has better onboard sound??

Why get a + if you have a NIC and a decent soundcard then?

im not going to get the plus. i have a sb live audigy with a live drive. and i am getting 2 intel gigy nic cards for dual nics..

~Will

the good thing is that there is less stuff that i have to disable..

Back