• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Pixel before the 6 was released?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What is your favorite pre-pixel 6 phone?

• pixel 2xl

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • pixel 3

• pixel 3xl

• pixel 4

• Total voters
Pixel 1XL was great at the time, still use it for unlimited lossless photo/video upload to Google photos. I liked my 4XL when I had it (now on a 7pro)

The 4a had a lot going for it. I believe it was the LAST phone to get unlimited photo and video uploads to Google Photos. It might've also been the last one to have a real headphone jack.

Sincerely wish companies would stop trying to make everything ever more compact while lopping off features like it's a butcher shop. Headphone jack? "Meh... You don't need that." USB port? "Pffft! ...Okay, BOOMER!" Display screen? "Why? So you can see if 1996 is calling?"

ixel 1XL was great at the time, still use it for unlimited lossless photo/video upload to Google photos. I liked my 4XL when I had it (now on a 7pro)
How does that work actually? You turn off sync on whatever phone you have now, leave it on on the 4a, and transfer all your photos from there?

I wonder how they tell the difference between my free and non-free photos...

The 4a had a lot going for it. I believe it was the LAST phone to get unlimited photo and video uploads to Google Photos. It might've also been the last one to have a real headphone jack.

Sincerely wish companies would stop trying to make everything ever more compact while lopping off features like it's a butcher shop. Headphone jack? "Meh... You don't need that." USB port? "Pffft! ...Okay, BOOMER!" Display screen? "Why? So you can see if 1996 is calling?"

How does that work actually? You turn off sync on whatever phone you have now, leave it on on the 4a, and transfer all your photos from there?

I wonder how they tell the difference between my free and non-free photos...

Yep that's basically it. I use syncthing to sync the photos over to a folder that is watched on the old phone and it uploads. I also have a server backup at my house as well using photosync over a smb share.

I went with the 5 but the 2XL was also hard for me to let go...I skipped the 4 and the 3XL (I don't even remember that one)...I think I have owned all the others tho that includes a's that I passed on to a family member ...I love picking up my wife's 6a after hefting the Fold all day.

and the 8 Pro I gave to my Daughter is what I would choose now.

Last edited:
I think I went from the Nexus 5 to the Pixel 3 and now the Pixel 5. Still have the Pixel 5. So too, my wife and brother. My son may also still be rockin' the Pixel 5 but he may have upgraded. It still does everything I need with enough speed that I don't threaten to chuck it in the river. Any river. I still like the Pixel 5.

Of note: We don't have carrier subsidized phones. We pay up front in cash money for them. So, for my money, Pixel 5 is the one.

Back