• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Program for Memory overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

So previously I have used MemTest86 to test my ram overclocks. I would let it do one pass and if it would pass I would assume the overclock to be solid. Even though it would generally be solid in games, I would experience memory BSOD's when doing odd tasks like burning a disk.

I've also used Prime95 set to utilize all of the memory in the past. What program should I be using, or should I let it run more passes to ensure stability?

AIDA64 cache+memory stability tests are pretty good. If both at the same time pass 1h+ then it's high chance it will be stable in games etc. At least works for me and I hate to make long stability tests.
This test finds memory errors faster than memtest86+ and is also testing cache and memory controller.

When you enter stability test window then you can pick tests for CPU, FPU, cache, memory, hdd, gfx card ... simply tick cache and memory and it will run tests on RAM/memory controller and cache ( since cache affects in big part general memory performance and stability ). These tests are different from what you can see in Prime95.

Back