• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Rad and Fans for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hippo008

OK hi guys i am very new to liquid cooling and overlocking, just getting started.

I am transferring a PS3 60g into a Mid-Sized Case due to the darn overheating.:facepalm: I know for a face other people have done this so it is possible, but most have used low-airflow quite style rads with thoer setup.

The CPU heats up to about 90-100F with the stock fans. And i want mega overkill cool. So i was thinging a Triple 120mm rad into a southgate waterblock that covers BOTH the CPU and GPU at the same time. So i have no idea what to do for that radiator and what fans would be appropriate.

I would like to have the maximum cooling availible from this radiator, and i will have it hoocked up to a fan controller, so the noise is not too big of a deal. I have also heard that a very effective rad is the black ice series, long with the koolance, and XSPC. But i am open to suggestion

And lastly i am eather thinking low fpi with some quiate fans or on the otherside of the coin, high fpi and some super high rpm fans. But remember MAXIMUM COOLING, NOT NOISE LEVEL!!!
For eather side of the system, High rpm or low rpm,whatever is better at cooling, what is an acceptable fam RPM?

Thanks a bunch, and when i get around to having the coin for all the parts, i will definatly put up the full write up and pics!

Angus-

i have never attempted a custom loop and prefer with my novice skill to get a closed loop system. I recently purchased a H100 and i am waiting on it to arrive.
The research i did on the H100 stated that fans up to 2600 rpm were acceptable... I chose to use Akasa Vipers.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ro_Dynamic_Bearings_AK-FN059.html?tl=g36c365s
936&id=cB8gXX8v&mv_pc=541

Alot of people seem to use the Noiseblocker 120mm x 25mm fan.......Many rave on the Scythe Gentle Typhoons (sometimes hard to find), Noctua etc.
cheaper fans like Yate Loon work good as well... Deltas and other high end fans move alot of air but i hear are very very loud....

My best advice on fans is do your research and find what you think will work best for your set up... If money is a considering factor that will determine what fans you get, if not you have a much wider selection.....

Form what i have read on fans its not so much the CFM you need regarding the fan on a radiator, the static pressure seems to be more important due to the resistance of the radiator fins.....

I have found that Frozencpu.com allows you select fans regarding what you are looking for ie. PWM, by size, LED/UV and By CFM... give em a look see, and see if you can find what your looking for.

Also as far as radiators .....bigger rad = better cooling..just plain physics...
Good luck.

Hi Hippo, I believe it is the third thread you've started for your PS3 watercooling.
Why not stick to one? All the info at the same place, for both the forum members and yourself.
Easier for everyone!;)

Back