• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ram Crucial or Corsair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, the Corsair will usually give you much more overclocking capability.

Crucial makes fantastic RAM, but only recently have they jumped on the high-speed bandwagon with CL3 PC3200. CL3, mind you... not the best timings in the world.

Corsair is definitely the top choice out of those two for overclocking.

I like them both. Corsair is great for overclocking, but if I go to Crucial's site and use their memory-chooser-thingy I always get a stick that will work in the board I'm using, no question. Had a couple boards that haven't liked Corsair as much.

I belive if you use Crucial's ram picker thingy, they guarantee the ram will work up to it's rating in your mobo. At least that's how it worked last time I bought direct from them.

BTW how well do Samsung sticks work in comparison? I just ordered a 512Mb DDR400 PC3200 stick for $83 at ExcaliberPC.

i have 2 sticks of crucial 2700 @cl2.5 running @ 203 fsb on a nf7-s i have made it to windows with a fsb of 220 also with the same ram

I have Samsung PC2700 and it's running 5-2-2-2 @ 200... people have gotten it to work at 220 with relaxed timings. Their PC3200 is supposed to be about the same as their PC2700.

Pricewise there's not much differance between 2700 or 3200. The real exotic Muskin or Corsair was double to triple what I paid for Samsung. For a while in the not to distant past, Samsung was one of the best overclockers available. If I can get a rock solid 200MHz out of it running 24/7 I'll be a happy camper.

Is it not the case that corsair guarantee their timings, is this the case with crucial? Im considering TwinMOS, is there anything I should know before investing?

Hunt down some hardware reviews with google and read other overclocking forums about memory too. Then you can make an informed decision.

Back