• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Better cpu block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donuts

Been reading until my head exploded. (I'll clean that up later)

I'm looking at 2 different cpu blocks, both used, and wondering if there is a major performance difference between the 2. I've read reviews, but haven't seen anything head to head.

1) DD--MC-TDX-http://www.dangerden.com/store/product.php?productid=291&cat=92&page=1

2)D-TEK fuzion v2-http://www.jab-tech.com/D-tek-Fuzion-V2-pr-4155.html

This is a cpu only loop. triple rad, D5 pump, 1/2 tubing.
The processor right now is an OC'd quad. All of the reviews I'm reading now are showing differences in the top WB's are within the margin of error in testing.

I really don't expect there will be a major performance difference between those two blocks. In all honesty, you're not going to get anything more than minor differences (a degree or maybe two) unless you compare a modern block with an older or quite inferior design. Even the best current blocks only give a slight advantage over lesser, but still very good, current designs.

AFAIK, the primary advantage of the fuzion is its flow rate. Since you will have a CPU only loop with not much restriction, I would tend towards the TDX. That is assuming they blocks are the same or very similar price.

Now, I own an original DD TDX block and have used it for a few years. From this review of the MC-TDX and from looking at pics of it, I can be pretty sure that the MC-TDX performs very similarly to the original TDX. So I feel comfortable recommending it to you.

Cool, I bought the MC-TDX here, and it was mentioned that it was good for the Quads.

I'm kinda shopping for rig #2 now, while waiting for parts of rig #1 to get here and ran across the blocks above for sale (elsewhere). I guess performance wise they're pretty close so i guess it'll come down to $. No GPU to worry about, my TNT 2's don't need much.

being that i own one in the exact same setup (triple, d5, oc'd quad) i would go for that. but the tdx will be fine.

Well I pulled the trigger on the fuZion, guess I'll do one of each:)

*for clarification, this is on 2 different quad core rigs.

If you didn't get it already, you might consider getting the quad-core insert for the Fuzion. Should help a degree or two 'ish; it splits the flow nozzle to hit the cores instead of the center-positioned flow in the stock block, which is better for dualies. If you really just pulled the trigger, a quick phone call to Sidewinder/Jab-tech/wherever you got it to let them know you want them shipped together should save you extra shipping for such a small part.

It makes little diff to get the quad core insert. It will help a bit. But it's not a requirement.
Right, what he said. Sorry, didn't mean to imply you can't run it without the insert. It will perform well with or without. Just a suggestion if your order hasn't been shipped.

They're used blocks anyway,

I'm trying to do this on as low a budget as possible, but not shoot myself in the foot on an upgrade path. (like going for the triple rad now instead of later)

Back