• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - good graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
timtooAMD said:
well i thought i would post my scores so people would know what i should be upgrading from, just ran 3d mark 01 03 05 and here are my results

these are all on the default settings for the tests (how they are when u download the free versons)

01 was 7000 something. did it yesterday and diddn't right it down, but its approx anyway
03 was 2224 and 2222 (did it twice)

05 was........wait for it 314!!!!!!!!!! -thought it would be even higher than that

hopefully the 6800GT will go up by just a tad, i must say even thought i mostly averaged out 0 FPS in 05 what i saw did look really impressive

nice man, i get 749 on my 5700LE in 3DM05 :cool:
And you shouldnt feel guilty about gettin urself something nice, unless you have bills and werent supposed to.. i worked all summer and made around $2300 and spent 1600 of it on a new computer, thats in CAD btw :p My system is in my sig, will get it around sept 12th. (the parts that is =D) Video card should be here tomorrow or monday, cant wait and hope it unlocks to at least 12pp.

nice card man i forgot my scores lol its abeing a while since i did 03 and 05 lol ill check my oc scores out lol but dont be dissapointed with your card man the 6800gt is way better then any le or nu you can get plus if your lucky your card might get close to 7800gtx speeds mine can almost make it but thats in like a freezer so i dont try it with out my room very very very cold lol

:D thanks for your advice, should be here in a few hours *fingers crossed* any slight sound i think is i door bell i go running, 3 times so far, im gonner be bloody grr if my PSU can't hack it, will have to take out powersuppply to firewire card i think (don't know wattage of psu im guessing is 350 -that should JUST run it *hopes*)

ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE!ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE!ITS HERE!ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE! ITS HERE!ITS HERE!ITS HERE!ITS HERE!!!! heehee, me all excited now, only thing is im guessing i might not get it to work as my power supplie might not be enough, says requirements are 450watt PSU, but i will see if i can get it to work anyway as no harm would come from not enough power wouldn't you think? EXCITED I AM!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

well its in windows working at moe, but its a bit wierd, having trouble installing drivers, where the hell did Nview go???????!?!?!?!?!?? is it included with latist drivers?

can anybody help me here, ive just got new card, installed it and allready had to reactivate windows bla bla bla, then this has come up after it reconised new hardwhere and started installing it, all went fine untill the end where it said this (see image)

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 87
u using the drivers that came with the cd?? if u are dont bother, head over to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drivers, which should be 77.77's

yeah thats what ive done,,,..!?!? and im so confused about what to do, does not seem to be having any effect

i go to my computer, then control pannel, and go to click on NVIDA nView and it doesn't do anything, nothing happens :S:S

if i was to re install windows xp/re format hdd, do you recon that would work? or would i be screwd for ever if i did that im so bloody grrrrrrrrrr!, does anybody else know why i get that error installing the card??? -note- i mean installing it, not updating drivers

did u get rid of all the drivers from ur old card?? if not search on google for a driver cleaner

i have done that, but still end up getting the same problem, do you recon a complete windows XP format would solve problem?

When I install any new card I don't use the hardware wizard, I just hit cancel and then go install the drivers I download and then restart the computer. Then I may or may not install some of the software that comes with the card.

yep ive done that, and ive done it with the drivers that came on the disk, verson 63.00 or something like that, what am i going to doo, just got £210 worth of graphics card in my computer effectively worse than my FX5600!!! , i was thinking about maybe a complete wipe/re format of my main hdd with fresh windows xp install, do you recon that would work?

and also, thought i would add, when i try to run 3dmark 05 this is the error i get:
IDirect3D9::GetDeviceCaps Failed: Not avalible (D3DDERR_NOTAVALIBLE)

anybody know what that means, besided not being able to run the program?

Last edited:
well in this case, i would do a complete format for ur computer and put a clean install of windows xp. this is strange tho, never heard of a graphics not being able to be installed. can u try the card in another computer and see if it installs?

na, only other computer we have is my mums dell, wich has no AGP, and my sis has a laptop grrrrrrrr. so i can't test it, but its working now......well at least in windows but scrowling down webpages is alfully slow, will do reinstall on windows tommorw, going to back up data tonight

thanks, im really hopeing that it does, will post results tommorw

just out of curiosity, did u ever download the nvidia drivers from windows update for ur fx5600??

Back