• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BF2 - good graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ummm, i don't think so, for the past 6 months, maybe more i just got direct updated drives from nvidia

hello all GOOD NEWS, i did reformat of hdd, and installed new 78 drivers and now it works fine. only thing is, i just did 3dmark 05 test, with everything at stock and got 7361 - thought i would get maybe a bit more, i was also downloading 05 mark at the time, and im guessing my cpu 2176 amd might limit it abit, ubt im still impressed, for once i actually got to see what happens at battle of proxy -noramly get only a few fps, but it was soo smooth WOW!!!! feel like ive definatly gone up in the world. gonner run 05 mark when ive downloaded it, then post results, then play bf2, and maybe later in the day get rivertuner to work on it, is that the best program for overclocking? -not done it before

EDIT: now just done the 05 on default settings/stock and i got 2954

Last edited:
well i got 4798 in 05 with my rig, and i get jus over 10k in 03. so seems about rite for ur computer

yeah i did, sorry i i got 7000 something for 03 and almost 3000 for 05

how much does 05 vary by, ive done around 6 tests razing memory by 3mhz at a time from 900 too 924 and not really any difference, scores varied from 2941 too 2954( no postivitve correlation to increase in memory, its just random), i did get 2961 at 355core.

whats best to do, like average it out of 3 runs?

i recon you should overclock your processor..

for me my card scores 9757 @stock in 3dmark03 and 4859 in 3dmark05.. in aquamark 3 it only score 55851..

but this is not over yet cause im still waiting for my AMD Athlon XP-M 2500+ to arrive . soon i would score 12000+ in 3dmark03.. :attn:

Last edited:
so by o/c my processor, to 2.2 from 2.166, would make a difference you think?

just did aqua mark and got 29 425 at stock

yeah try changing your FSB to 200 instead of 166.. but first try to check if your ram can sustain or can reach at those speed at 200FSB .. it may help a bit increasing your score.. but for now looking at your video card your score seems too low @stock

its also at 350/900 -thats stock i thought the 6800GTs as it says on the box were 350/1000 at stock

Perhaps you should remove your 6800 and reseat it into your AGP slot, check BIOS settings for at least 256MB AGP Apeture (if it has that option), and make sure that the video card is getting enough power it needs!

yeah well i have the bair minimum. 300watt psu, do you recon that the card underclocks itsself because of it?, have you ever herd of it, can;t find any info on it though

there is a rule with PC PSU's, if you value any of your components, you at least take care of the power correctly, if you want to go on the cheap, just pick up a Fortron 430w or bigger. great price, and awsome power

what about if i got another PSU to go with the one i allready have? i have 3 5.1/4 spaces left at top front of my case, i could maybejust use 1 for gpu + fans and other one for everything else
at the moment i have GPU, mobo, 2 hdd cpu fan, 4 case fans (1 running of mobo, 3 inline molex) and i have a firewire card i can't use as i need another splitter(molex) but if i got another psu then my problem would be solved.......maybe a few more wires but as they wouldn't have to strech it might be tidyer

what would getting another one realy help? you would cuase more heat, and it will just be another part that will need to be replaced sooner or later, i say just bite the bullit spend a bit, and get something that wont play easy bake oven with your parts

i took a look at my PSU to see what i it was and i found it said total out put (i assume) 170watts? that can't be true can it, or does that mean something else?

Attachments

• myPSU.JPG
    myPSU.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 78
You REALLY Need a New PSU. Believe me it makes all the difference in the world. Get one, and get one Now. What you have is way too low for what your running. If you do go A64 soon also, That PSU probably wont even fire up the fans LOL.

Harry

Back