• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG GeForceFX Is Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Overclocker550 said:
ouch! well who cares, get the ti500, thats one bad*** card!!!!!! very fast too!

yes it is, but my r8500 owns that anyday and im not even satisfied with my performance, gf3ti500 is not as badass as you would think, no way you will play doom3 even at 800x600 half assed detail. Not to mention i have a faster cpu and ram...
I was going to get an lcd but i dont see the point on a high end monitor if my card cant render at 60fps the most recent games at its native 1280x1024 resolution.

I dare to say that anything below gf4 4200 isnt worth a "long term investment" now, well, maybe only starfoxers 8500 hehe...

are there any other people with gf3 ti500 which have managed to cross or reach 13k barrier ? (with faster cpu's if i must add)

Why in canada first? I looked on Compusa website they still say April 1st. on one and March 9th on the other.

1st is a
Verto GeForce FX Graphics Card, AGP, 128MB DDR-2
CompUSA Price: $399.99
Expected Ship Date: Sunday, March 09, 2003

2nd is a
Verto GeForce FX 5800 Video Card, AGP, 128MB DDR
CompUSA Price: $329.99
Expected Ship Date: Tuesday, April 01, 2003

And then I went to BestBuys website and I cant find anything about any FX cards. They did have the 5800 non ultra listed before, But I cant even find it now :rolleyes:

Overclocker550 said:
I MADE MYSELF PRETTY DAMN CLEAR. NO ATI vs NVIDIA THREADS. NO SUCH DISCUSSION.

FOR THE SAME REASONS AS YOU CAN'T ACCESS THE DEBATES SECTION.

YOU'RE WASTING OUR TIME WITH THIS CRAP

i wanted to state that gf3/r8500 dont belong to "very fast" term atm, if you supposedly have more knowledge, you would recommend and heck even get a r8500 over gf3 ti500

baqai said:
are there any other people with gf3 ti500 which have managed to cross or reach 13k barrier ? (with faster cpu's if i must add)

looking at the orb, there are 3 people with Ti500s who have crossed the 13k barrier, 2 of these people have P4s over 3ghz and 1 has a 2.5ghz tbred...1 ti500 is clocked at 300/660 and another at 281/622, and the other doesnt say, but lets put it this way...oc550 has little chance of reaching 13k...

OC-Master said:

baqai said:
OMG $479 atleast in a few days we will get the real benchies

Same price as the Radeon 9700 non pro. I think I'd rather have the FX over the non pro 9700.

OC-Master

Like I said to you in another thread a while back you can't buy from futureshop...that's like throwing $200 out the window. You can get a (sapphire) 9700 PRO for $10 more then the futureshop price on the GFFFX non ultra or 9700 non pro here (yes $489 for a 9700 PRO). Add in $10 for shipping and you get a much better card for $20 more... Just because a card says nvidia on the box doesn't mean its worth the price.

Darkseid said:
isn't this thread about gffx??

why is out first in canada??

yes, but I really felt that oc550 needed to be straightened out about this Ti500 being the card of the century thing :rolleyes:

anywho, i think it always works that way, for some reason Ati and Nvidia always put their cards out in canadia first....and probably also because shippin FX s to all the stores in the US is a MUCH larger undertaking and would take a longer time

funnyperson1 said:

yes, but I really felt that oc550 needed to be straightened out about this Ti500 being the card of the century thing :rolleyes:

anywho, i think it always works that way, for some reason Ati and Nvidia always put their cards out in canadia first....and probably also because shippin FX s to all the stores in the US is a MUCH larger undertaking and would take a longer time

100% agree,,

Although graphics cards are always first here, unfortuneatly, getting a state of the art CPU is hard to come by. The fastest CPU here is still the 2700+ T-bred B with 2800+ expected to hit shelves any time now!

Barton 2500+ CPUs although are supposed to be in stock next week at Best :)

OC-Master

Back