• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios rom checksum error?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CordialSpam

My cousin's computer has getting "Bios ROM Checksum error" and it is telling him to insert sysem disk...when I put it in it does not work and I could not even get into the bios on this thing...it just stucks on that screen and can't go anywhere..

I've tried resetting the CMOS jumper and I made sure the jumper is on the correct position but it does not help. Any help? He's using NF2 Biostar board..with A64 3200+ c0

His system is at stock..never OC ..this morning when he turns his comp on...he got this error.

Is there any way that you can flash his BIOS? That solves the problem for me. Something to try first would be to attempt to get into BIOS and then save and exit. Although if you can't get in there that might be a problem. Try hitting whatever button enters BIOS as fast as you can. Also, you could try holding down insert when it boots up to see if that helps. Doubtful, but it's something to try.

this is an error that i have usually gotten because not enough juice is getting to the memory stick. try another memory stick, maybe his memory is going bad. If you can get into the BIOS, try increasing the Vmem voltage up a notch.

He's using Kingston HperX pc4k and he doesn't even OC it, he has everything on stock..I doubt it is the memory..but I'll try to put my ram on there tonight when we get off work.

Back