• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar x570 leak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Saw posts elsewhere that Zen 2 will support a setting of 5000 memory speed. What's the limit on current ones?

I made no friends with the hardcore AMD fanboys elsewhere when I pointed out that just because it has that setting, it doesn't mean it'll run ram anywhere near that.

Depends on the motherboard... but ~4K is what I have seen in my extremely limited exposure.

YOu are right... just because there is a setting for it, doesn't mean the IMC will be able to run it!

4000 is possible on some X470 motherboards but not many. There is no memory ratio to set more than 4000. Even if there will be max clock up to 5000+ then it doesn't mean it will work. Like now on Intel there are bigger problems with motherboards than memory or memory controllers. Not many motherboards run stable at 4266+ while max memory setting is 6000+.
I think it's a future feature as in a year we will see DDR5.

Wow in the almost 10 years i have been here i think that the first time i have been called an AMD Fan Boy. Here i just thought some people might find something interesting in that link for an upcoming X570 motherboard.

Wow in the almost 10 years i have been here i think that the first time i have been called an AMD Fan Boy. Here i just thought some people might find something interesting in that link for an upcoming X570 motherboard.
?????????????

I don't think Mack was calling you a fanboy, LOL.

Please read again, it was on another site. Suffice to say some there did not want to hear that 5000 speed was unlikely to be routine, they had to argue it would do it no matter what.

Seems like a lot of consumers will be migrating to the X570 mobos if that poll is accurate.

Back