• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bit of a sound issue~...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rosythorns

So... basically this, I'm running windows 8.1 (joke all ya want, but I've been fine with it the last year)

using a Razer Kraken headset, and it's worked just fine until I woke up this morning and turned on my system.

It plays the startup audio, but tests are completely muted, nothing plays from my browser windows media player is muted somehow too, however the only thing that seems to play audio correctly is VLC. I've tested the mic on it and it seems to go just fine over skype, but I can't get audio at all (excepting vlc and start up)

I've gone through volume mixer and checked, won't even play a chime when system sounds is ticked, well, it does at times but it's kinda garbled. I'd even tested reinstalling flash, restarting the comp shortly after, uninstalling and reinstalling the driver for the headset itself, nothing changed.

Strange little update, apparently audio from WCIII still works fine
and it plays the audio for a little flash player 9 game :I but only if run through the actual application and not through browser

Audio doesn't work for FFXIV but it does work through Internet explorer, so firefox is the issue? or.. I'm lost..

Last edited:
ugh... not sure what caused the issue to begin with, but a system restore cleaned it right up... Now I just feel silly :(

If it happens again try disabling the devise then re-enabling it. That usually works for me when I have a sound problem.

I already did that though... and that was one of the first steps I went through, even to the point of uninstalling flash and reinstalling it after a quick reboot.

I already did that though... and that was one of the first steps I went through, even to the point of uninstalling flash and reinstalling it after a quick reboot.

So you went into control panel's sound section, disabled the audio device and then re-enabled it?
Have you tried using the headset in a different port?

I had tried all of that, again, I've fixed it with the rollback, it sounds like it was more a driver issue than anything else.

Back