• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitspower Copper?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't look like pure copper, maybe bronze?

Copper is a relatively soft metal, fittings out of them wouldn't be the best idea IMO.

I believe the fittings are still made out of brass and that this is either a plating, or an anodized finish done in a copper color. They have a tad more gold in the color than some of my blocks do....but are still a good match for copper blocks.

Yes copper is soft but so its much harder then pure silver. They sell silver fittings and i haven't heard anyone complain? I doubt bitspower is using pure copper and opted instead of some copper alloy or what cpachris said, brass with a copper plating.

Not sure what they are trying to do here. I can see how a copper heat sink made of copper would be beneficial since its good at conducting heat. Fittings don't serve that role though, they just need to secure hoses between components. The only other material that would have a dual role would be silver fitting given its antimicrobial properties..

Perhaps maybe someone is looking for that burnt fitting look...

No hidden meaning or attempt at a new type of heat conducting scheme. They did it because I asked them to do it. Purely for aesthetics. :)

No hidden meaning or attempt at a new type of heat conducting scheme. They did it because I asked them to do it. Purely for aesthetics. :)

So it was done special for you but you don't know exactly what they are? :shrug: They do look nice.

Out of curiosity, what do you need so many plugs for?

EDIT: Are those fittings for copper tubing? They look much different than what I'm used to.

So it was done special for you but you don't know exactly what they are? :shrug: They do look nice.

Out of curiosity, what do you need so many plugs for?

EDIT: Are those fittings for copper tubing? They look much different than what I'm used to.

I asked them for some copper fittings....but I don't know for sure their process of doing this batch. I'm no expert, but it looks like an anodized finish, instead of a copper plating. The pics were really just to show them off and give people ideas for their own builds.

The fittings are Bitspower C47 and C48....that are used with crystal link...or any rigid tubing of similar size, which could include copper. I'm using them with crystal link.

Regarding the "so many plugs" comment.....There are only 10 stop fittings. That is actually a fraction of how many I'm currently using in my system. But the main reason for this copper batch, is I'm going to replace my White/Crimson theme for the fittings around the motherboard....with black/copper. Ten doesn't really go far. I have 4 pumps...and each pump has a pump top with multiple inlets/outlets...so some have to be plugged. I have 2 reservoirs, and each has multiple inlets/outlets on both top and bottom. Some have to be plugged. I have 7 radiators, and some have multiple inlets/outlets...so some have to be plugged. I'm uisng Q Blocks in a couple of places, and they require some stop fittings for certain sides of the Q Block. I have 2 GTX 690's, and they have multiple inlet/outlet combinations. Some have to be plugged.

...anyway...you get the picture. I may need to order more, but this was really to try out a black fitting with copper accent on the crystal link connectors look. Just want to see if I like it better than my current white/crimson.

Yea, that's going to be totally sexy. Do you have a build thread of some sort? I'd love to see some pictures of the whole thing.

Anodizing makes the most sense. That's probably what it is.

Awesome. Yeah if you can just post all the pictures on here would be much easier and great for us all. :thup:

Back