• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Black Box Max3 V3.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry it took me so long to answer

last month i had so much stuff going on, upgrade the pluming, replaced the pump (the one i had was too noisy), lost the motherboard by Ms. Short Circuit :mad: , Lost the password for this forums, and it took me 1 week to figure out how to publish on my web-page (were i link my pictures).

First is really important to understand this:
Official update for the P4 motherboards temp issue
IC7 MAX3 Temerature survey

My temperatures so far are, without overcloaking "After" the new upgrades:

System temp @ 23C
CPU Idle 34.5C (min I seen so far)to 37C, @ load 38C to 40C(max i seen so far

Last edited:
Introducing Black Box V4.02

The New Pluming:
0102.gif

day.jpg

Voltimeter (reading only voltage to the pump, now i am runing the pumps from an external power supply 12V DC 60w)
motherboard1.jpg

inside.jpg

pump.jpg

9mmCensor said:
Aquatube link doesn't work, but very nice. Nice and clean.

Link fix, they ship to the u.s ,you can e mail them to request a quote.

Also, there is a look a like reservior on the U.S, smaller but ok, here is the link

Purrdy PC-75B. Nice rig :)

Can't wait to finish working with my new PC-75B either. Time to somehow integrate this Vapochill XE into the top of the case. I can't stand the cramped space in the Vapochill case. :D

Fushyuguru said:
Id like to see at least some custom paint or personalized fangrills, otherwise it looks like just alot of money in a box.

No offense but put some heart into it.

Other than that, it looks to be a killer rig you put together.

AMEN! :eek:

*looks down at her PC-75B and coughs*

Anyway, nice build otherwise, is that hammered finish paint on the interior?

Why is there an Unreal fan grill just laying on the bottom? :confused:

I like the bubble thing on the top... gives my an idea. :D

Alexia said:
Looks like it's sound guarding

Back on subject, :p in case you didn't realize from everyone else response thats one sharp rig you got there :attn:

Alexia said:

Why is there an Unreal fan grill just laying on the bottom? :confused:

I like the bubble thing on the top... gives my an idea. :D

Thats sound dampening marerial, the Unreal logo is not a Fan grill lol, I got it with the new Unreal Tournament special edition 2004.

I know I didnt painted sport stripes on the side of the case or made a dragon on the window, is not that i cant, is just that I did not wanted to, it took 10 month to finish this computer (not because I was waiting on delivery guy) :rolleyes:

There is somthing strange about the mod. It does have style but.....
I deffinetly give you props for all the work you put into it. Its a clean case with lots going on....but that ram..grrr ;) I can't stand that stuff.

thats one intense setup you have there! I get confused trying to trace where everything goes. does that flow switch just show you that your water is moving or is there another reason??

Tnick24 said:
thats one intense setup you have there! I get confused trying to trace where everything goes. does that flow switch just show you that your water is moving or is there another reason??

I got it set up to shutt-down computer in 1 second if flow gets too low or for some reason the pumps stop working. My pumps are 12V dc conected to a external power supply.

0002.gif

Note: Not all motherboards will shutt-down if the cpu fan rpm signal is lost, you have to actually disconect the fan (after computer boots up) to test if your motherboard will actually turn computer off.

Hey Max. Saw this on a few different boards, but I'll say again, 1st rate work on it.

Good job!

I wish I could afford one of those flow sensors, I guess I'll stick to a flow switch for now though.

Back