• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blackcoin (BC) Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's massively hyped too...and super centralized.

Look at it this way: launch was barely noticed and all coins mined in a week, with 10% of them mined in the first 10 minutes.

I'd stay away for longer term and only trade it if you're an experienced daytrader.

EDIT: sorry Janus! :p I like you guys...don't wanna see anyone lose money.

Its switched to Proof-of-Stake. Its not like bitcoin were it will go to transaction fees only after the coins run out. Blackcoin might be the first Proof-of-Stake only coin?

I think there were others that were just PoS, but Blackcoin has the most interest out of all of them :D

People complain about bitcoin being for the early adopters....

Edit: BC claims to be the first POW/POS coin to hit the pos only stage, but there was colossus coin. Check and see how well that is going...

Once there is no mining, there is no reason to get involved with the coin, so popularity and demand will only go down.
(unless the coin is already well established with an economy, supply and demand to keep it going)

Last edited:
If you like the idea of "earning interest", look at peercoin. It is well established and has very good, active devs. Also there is a team working on other improvements and additional function, like peershares.

It's not a pump until it hits .0008 again and my 35BC sell on cryptsy :p

Back