• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blank desktop??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dohcsideSi

ok did a search and couldn't find an answer. i'm running xp pro sp2 and when i log on with any user... my desktop pops up then everything disapears..start button-taskbar-icons..if i switch users everything works fine with the new user. i alreay reformatted and reinstalled xp and all the drivers...i did't have any problems until i installed my dsl modem. i suspected the sbc support tool software so i uninstalled it, but still no go :bang head

Its explorere.exe not running sounds like. Either get a new one or hold crt.alt.del and then go to run new proces and type in explorere.exe or browse to it. I think its in like C:\windows\explorer.exe

sorry forgot to mention i tried that first, bought up task manager and it showed nothing running..and when you select a new program from the task manager nothing happens..no idea what to do....I really don't want to reformat

Back