• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something a little different.. post up a snip of your entire desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
Yeah this thought just popped into my head earlier today: wouldn't it be cool to see how members configure their desktops?
Most of us being inner tinkerers I think we may (or may not?) be able to generate some good interest here. I will start this post off with my go-to laptop, a Lenovo T61p with the x9000 Core 2 Extreme CPU.

-You may include a description of why you choose to use [your] specific desktop configuration

In example, I use core temp not only for the thermals but also for processor clock speed and load.
I choose "show all items" in the taskbar so I can monitor system functions at any time
I use small icons and restore the quick launch folder for quick access to files and applications
I use a custom start menu via Classic Shell.

desktop.png

Capture taskbar.PNG

Last edited:
9abg50.jpg
Just started using coretemp myself-lol. I like mine as clean as possible and have ~ 138K wallpapers to cycle. I have no clock in my entire house except for my phone, watch, and stove, so... Yoda only appears when I hover over the button.
v5z51i.jpg

Last edited:
Back